Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1124

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 107

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Orange juice is probably the most nutritious of all fruits/juices so its great when there isnt much ripe fruit around.
    What do you think of standard store bought orange juice like Tropicana? That's what I've been drinking lately.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    I would be happy to know that meat wasn't necessary to be healthy. I also started eating it because I thought I needed it to be healthy.

In India, even strict vegetarians (e.g. spiritual people, swamis/monks) drink milk. Milking the cow doesn't hurt the cow. They don't have this concept of veganism.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    What do you think of standard store bought orange juice like Tropicana? That's what I've been drinking lately.
    Probably not the best but unless your rich there isnt much you can do. The only thing i really dont like about non organic orate juice is that there is probably a hth amount of pesticide that makes it into the juice. I drink Simply Orange when i cant be better.

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I would be happy to know that meat wasn't necessary to be healthy. I also started eating it because I thought I needed it to be healthy.

In India, even strict vegetarians (e.g. spiritual people, swamis/monks) drink milk. Milking the cow doesn't hurt the cow. They don't have this concept of veganism.
    Thats the sane concept of veganism. And if you can eat bivalves and dairy, there is nothing you need from meat.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

Milking doesn't hurt the cow but the cow does need to give birth each year to a calf that needs dealing with. Same goes for eggs, half the eggs hatch into roosters plus the hens only lay well for a few years... I've thought a lot about having my own eggs and milk but these are the details that keep me from doing it. I just can't handle animals dying. Yes, I know that is what is happening anyway when I eat those foods, but it sure is easier when I don't see it. I'm not positive but I think I heard that in India the muslims are the ones who deal with the calves and culling the dairy herds. The Hindus are not killing the cows but drinking milk means it is happening as a result of their consumption.

Is this hijacking? If so, sorry about that

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Milking doesn't hurt the cow but the cow does need to give birth each year to a calf that needs dealing with. Same goes for eggs, half the eggs hatch into roosters plus the hens only lay well for a few years... I've thought a lot about having my own eggs and milk but these are the details that keep me from doing it. I just can't handle animals dying. Yes, I know that is what is happening anyway when I eat those foods, but it sure is easier when I don't see it. I'm not positive but I think I heard that in India the muslims are the ones who deal with the calves and culling the dairy herds. The Hindus are not killing the cows but drinking milk means it is happening as a result of their consumption.

Is this hijacking? If so, sorry about that
    Most people on traditional diets still get most of their calories and nutrition from lentils, rice, curds, fermented rice products. Dairy is a small part only.

I don't know about the muslin dealing with the calves though. We bought our milk from a guy who kept a cow or two that sold what they milked that morning to families around the area. Most families just buy enough for their daily chai, which is 500-1000mL for a family of 4-5. What's left becomes curd that is used in curries. It's very little compared to what you can buy in the US so dairy isn't a main source for protein for many.

I think that's why south Indians are generally smaller in size than north Indians, who consume much more animal products.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

I think that's why south Indians are generally smaller in size than north Indians, who consume much more animal products.
    Interesting. That does seem to be a general rule around the globe. The Inuit are small too though, aren't they?

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Epic journal Zach! I think I enjoy reading through the replies more than everything else on these boards. Couple of questions for you. What do you think about Denise Minger's diet? My Current Diet | Raw Food SOS Mine has evolved into something very similar to hers except for all the raw veggies. Also, do you miss bacon at all? :P Thanks again for your input and PM's. Keep up the good work and keep fighting the good fight!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Epic journal Zach! I think I enjoy reading through the replies more than everything else on these boards. Couple of questions for you. What do you think about Denise Minger's diet? My Current Diet | Raw Food SOS Mine has evolved into something very similar to hers except for all the raw veggies. Also, do you miss bacon at all? :P Thanks again for your input and PM's. Keep up the good work and keep fighting the good fight!
    Shit man, sorry i didnt see this!

I think Denise Minger is awesome and cute as hell. Her diet is just about perfect i would say, i dont like veg either but i dont think its necessarily bad for you unless you are making it the bulk of your diet. Shes smart and had it right for a long time, wish she would write more though.

No i dont miss bacon at all! Actually i dont really crave meat of any kind anymore, pork especially, and chicken double especially. Lamb is about the only meat that id like to eat more of and a nice T-bone like twice a month would be cool.

Update

Might as well give a update of my eating. The past few weeks i have been experimenting with foods, supps, timing, etc and have come to what i think is the purest form of what i would call my diet. It is what makes me feel the absolute best in terms of energy, hormone production, recovery, sleep and digestion. A bit of an outline below, most of this is not new but whatever, im bored.

* Calories are kept to liquids only from waking until roughly 2-3pm.

* High inflammatory amino animal products are kept to an absolute minimum. More below.

* Dairy and gelatin are exclusive sources of protein.

* Daily Supplements, Niacinamide, Pregnanolone, Aspirin, T3, b12, Salt, Sugar. Weekly Supplements, k2, D3, E.

* Fat is kept to 30-40g a day, almost entirely saturated sources, and almost entirely at eaten at night.

* Starch is absent from my diet. Sugar be king.

Typical day looks like this.

Wakeup - 2-3pm - Coffee w salt, sugar, blackstrap, fat free milk. Orange juice. Niacin, Preg, salt, sugar, t3, aspirin.
    Afternoon - fruit of some sort, more OJ, a few eggs or a bit of cheese. A carrot or two.
    Evening - Lots of dairy, lots of fruit.

Weekly i will add in oysters, and sometimes liver. Always in the morning with coffee.

Thats it. Simple. Calories are always at or over 3000 but im not keeping track. I encourage others to give this WOE a try if they want to see some insane energy, great digestion and be inflammation free.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Looks awesome Zach

Balance is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Shit man, sorry i didnt see this!

I think Denise Minger is awesome and cute as hell. Her diet is just about perfect i would say, i dont like veg either but i dont think its necessarily bad for you unless you are making it the bulk of your diet. Shes smart and had it right for a long time, wish she would write more though.

No i dont miss bacon at all! Actually i dont really crave meat of any kind anymore, pork especially, and chicken double especially. Lamb is about the only meat that id like to eat more of and a nice T-bone like twice a month would be cool.

Update

Might as well give a update of my eating. The past few weeks i have been experimenting with foods, supps, timing, etc and have come to what i think is the purest form of what i would call my diet. It is what makes me feel the absolute best in terms of energy, hormone production, recovery, sleep and digestion. A bit of an outline below, most of this is not new but whatever, im bored.

* Calories are kept to liquids only from waking until roughly 2-3pm.

* High inflammatory amino animal products are kept to an absolute minimum. More below.

* Dairy and gelatin are exclusive sources of protein.

* Daily Supplements, Niacinamide, Pregnanolone, Aspirin, T3, b12, Salt, Sugar. Weekly Supplements, k2, D3, E.

* Fat is kept to 30-40g a day, almost entirely saturated sources, and almost entirely at eaten at night.

* Starch is absent from my diet. Sugar be king.

Typical day looks like this.

Wakeup - 2-3pm - Coffee w salt, sugar, blackstrap, fat free milk. Orange juice. Niacin, Preg, salt, sugar, t3, aspirin.
    Afternoon - fruit of some sort, more OJ, a few eggs or a bit of cheese. A carrot or two.
    Evening - Lots of dairy, lots of fruit.

Weekly i will add in oysters, and sometimes liver. Always in the morning with coffee.

Thats it. Simple. Calories are always at or over 3000 but im not keeping track. I encourage others to give this WOE a try if they want to see some insane energy, great digestion and be inflammation free.
    Thanks for the update Zach. I had a PM for you but your inbox was full
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.