Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1124

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 103

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I eat fruits with cheese every day.
    *slow clap*

We don't all have iron stomachs, my love. Of all people, I would probably trust the fruitarians the most on the subject just by way of them having the most experience. If anything it's worthy as a guide to start basing your own subjective digestive experiences off of.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Well, I did say it was wildly subjective. The fruit with cheese thing was to prove that, and it's not that I have an iron stomach. I've never even heard of this specific theory before, and, trust me, I'm not the only one combining fats with fruit.

Though, these people don't even eat other fats, so it could just be the hugely unsaturated content of those other fruits being combined with higher sugar(fructose) fruits, which makes sense. I don't eat those other fruits anyway.
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, I did say it was wildly subjective. The fruit with cheese thing was to prove that, and it's not that I have an iron stomach. I've never even heard of this specific theory before, and, trust me, I'm not the only one combining fats with fruit.

Though, these people don't even eat other fats, so it could just be the hugely unsaturated content of those other fruits being combined with higher sugar(fructose) fruits, which makes sense. I don't eat those other fruits anyway.
    Really? That's surprising. I've been stumbling across these kinds of food combining theories for some time.

I suppose they mean with nuts/seeds (for the raw vegans) and avocados for the fruitarians.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Zach what do you think about this? Think Fat-Free Milk is Healthy? 6 Secrets You Don’t Know About Skim | Butter Believer I liked the idea of 1 percent milk but now I'm not sure.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Zach what do you think about this? Think Fat-Free Milk is Healthy? 6 Secrets You Donít Know About Skim | Butter Believer I liked the idea of 1 percent milk but now I'm not sure.
    Well shes talking about fat free milk so that right there kinda ends the argument. But lets look through them, shall we?

1. They profit off me. Who cares, next!

2. Powdered milk is added to fat free, she didnt know if it was added to low fat. Its doubtful that it is.

3. Is talking about all CAFO milk in general. Buy organic, raw or whatever the best brand you can get your hands on. I would rather not drink milk then drink Kemps or some other shit brand.

4. Another strawman (i hate that term), shes saying that it has almost no nutritional value. Well guess what lady, protein and sugar are nutrients. Besides that, in one glass of 1% milk (100 calories) there is 30% (rda) calcium, b1 and phosphorus, 20% b12, 12% selenium, 10% potassium and a bunch of others in the under 10% range. Not to mention added vitamin A and D3.

5 and 6. Are both stupid because she assumes that since we drink low fat milk that we are avoiding fat and especially saturated fat all together. Since we are not, its another moot point.

Lastly dude, i go by how i feel. Too much fat completely bogs me down, i need to cut it somewhere since i eat a lot of cheese. Low fat milk is an easy way to get extra protein without tons of extra fat unlike most other sources (cheese, eggs, meat).

max219 is offline Senior Member
    You're like a nutrition wizard man haha. Thanks, I was drinking the 1 percent milk exactly for the same reason - to keep fat low since I am eating a good amount of cheese. I just figured to double check since I really like a lot of what Emily (ButterBeliever girl) says, but was doubtful of this post.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    You're like a nutrition wizard man haha. Thanks, I was drinking the 1 percent milk exactly for the same reason - to keep fat low since I am eating a good amount of cheese. I just figured to double check since I really like a lot of what Emily (ButterBeliever girl) says, but was doubtful of this post.
    Yea dude, i think she gets a little excited about her revelation that fat is not the devil. Kinda like Richard from Freetheanimal does about everything. Basically a bunch of hyperbole to justify your dietary choices. No doubt that CAFO fat free milk is bad for you though.

Zach is offline Banned
    Hi Journal, i have missed you.

All alone today and kinda feel like doing nothing, that will probably change shortly.

Most of the people who read this saw that picture i posted in the other thread, that is what im currently at. I havnt weighed myself or anything but id guess im at 185 or so. Maybe i will weight myself tomorrow. My main goal right now is to get 10%bf or under since i have never been there i dont think and im interested in how i would feel at the weight and if i could maintain it permanently.

Right now im eating a very low fat diet and it is working really well for leaning out. I also feel better on little fat and animal products. I have been toying with going vegetarian or vegan + milk which i think should be a vegan option because there is certainly ways of getting dairy without harming an animal, but whatever. Im really intrigued by it, its kind of hippy dippy which i seem to be heading in that direction more and more these days but i really do feel more alive the less animals i eat. Also meat is kinda just gross. Anyway, ill keep you posted if i decide to go for it.

Right now my diet is pretty generic, i drink a lot of juice, eat a lot of fruit and dairy, have a few animal products here and there and take a small amount of supps. I dont really deviate at all unless i feel like a pizza or occasionally ice cream.

I have also taken to doing a lot of bodyweight work whenever i have a spare moment. I think this will help me a lot in seeing the physique im going for. Havnt been to the gym in a week or so because its too damn hot and the beach has been perfect.

Heres a pic of a similar physique that im going for..

EdwardAston.jpg

If i can get close i think i will officially hit guru status.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    I'm interested in how you go about this without meat. Would dairy be the main protein source?

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yea, diary makes up most of my protein right now. I eat one meal a day currently of 30-50g animal protein, either eggs or meat. Also im getting 30-50g gelatin but i dont know how much longer i will keep that up. Honestly i think if carbs are high, the body does not need a ton of protein. Im certainly not going for a bodybuilders physique so im not trying to gain 20lbs of mass or anything.