Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1124

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 102

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Looks great Zach! Awesome that you are doing well. I'm thinking about diving into a very similar Peat inspired diet when I get back from my vacation next week. (I'm staying with some cousins near the beach - lots of sun and play but more SAD foods than I've had in years unfortunately. I'm trying to keep the PUFAs lowish though).

Some questions. What is the problem with Dole bananas (they make up a huge part of my fruit). Also, are you eating about 3000-3500 calories a day and losing fat? You don't use coconut oil in your diet?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating, Zach? Take a niacinamide supplement and eat more shellfish or chocolate(though chocolate has a lot of phosphorus)

I know you don't like shellfish, but damn, they are so nutrient dense!
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Some questions. What is the problem with Dole bananas (they make up a huge part of my fruit). Also, are you eating about 3000-3500 calories a day and losing fat? You don't use coconut oil in your diet?
    Dunno man, i feel like im allergic to them. The place i buy also carries another brand that is usually way riper and better tasting as well. i think Dole is just a shitty company that uses shitty soil and picks the bananas way to early. Yes. I use it to fry stuff in, not as a supplement anymore, just keeping fat low overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What are you eating, Zach? Take a niacinamide supplement and eat more shellfish or chocolate(though chocolate has a lot of phosphorus)

I know you don't like shellfish, but damn, they are so nutrient dense!
    Said above, lots of fruit, milk, some cheese, some meat, eggs and gelatin mainly. Had chicken breast with bbq sauce today that was actually damn good, had some trout yesterday. Shellfish has a lot of phosphorus too and damn i think its disqusting.

Yeah but chocolate has 6x more phosphorus than oysters for example
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah but chocolate has 6x more phosphorus than oysters for example
    Not eating chocolate right now either besides a few tbs of coca powder. Dunno man, if i could i would but i literally cant stomach those things. Maybe if i lived somewhere coastal with fresh shellfish, i have never liked seafood my whole life though.

Yeah, being a textural eater can be a problem. Surprised you like bananas, since most people who are textural eaters that I know can't stand bananas.

Btw, the best thing I got from Mark Sisson is that egg coffee. I've been having that for the last few mornings, it's very, very good. Frothy and amazing. Surprised I never heard of that before seeing it here. Funny thing on my yolk segregation device, it says: "For healthy egg whites"
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Whats egg coffee?

Yea its not so muh texture although thats part of it, its the fishy smell/taste and just knowing its a diaguesting seaslug. I can stomach bananas although they get gross after like five because theyre just a fruit, tasty and happy.

Primal Egg Coffee | Mark's Daily Apple

Hm, I don't really smell them when they're smoked and or masked with something else. Yeah, but all food except fruit begins to get a little bit nasty when you think of the origins.
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Hope you take a bunch of pictures on your camping trip!

Thanks for posting that fruits combining chart. It shows acid fruits as being the only kind you should combine with fats? So I guess that means most dairy/fruit combos are out, huh?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I find that chart wildly subjective, if not based on a guess. I eat fruits with cheese every day.
    nihil