Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1124

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 100

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Do you feel like salt is helping at all? I gave better digestion when im hydrated and dont overdo salt/fat. Those two really dry things out and could make you constipated. So much conflicting stuff, i know.

There are really two ways i would tell you to go if you were to listen to me. One, follow Matt Stone diet. Calorie dense, high carb, highly palatable food. Or two, follow my diet pretty strictly, mostly fruit, low fat, food amount of protein, etc.

The first would prob help with your temps but maybe not so much with digestion and you will gain fat. The second mifht keep you cold, its hard to say but it should help with digestion and hormones. Either way you need to pick a plan and stick to it.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Well my pee isn't clear anymore and I don't feel as "watery" - if that makes any sense and I'm not peeing every 2 hours like I use to. I don't eat a tonne of salt a day, probably 1-2 tea spoons on fruit days, and 3-4 on days I have meat. That's added salt though so if I eat cheese or chips,I;m getting a little amount from them.

I do listen, Zach! I did Matt Stone's diet and stuffed my face to get the calories in, ignoring how I felt (huge stomach and fat) and I didn't feel as constipated, just large. Your diet is easier to follow and the only issue I have, following Matt's advice is apparently fruit is too cooling and not good for thyroid but good for digestion. (but I didn't feel warm on Matt's diet either) Also my protein is very low most days and I tend to eat some junk food. That doesn't bother me, but if mixing two approaches is 'bad', then yes, I need to prepare more and really understand where I can get protein from. Also, with your low fat diet, how are you counting meat into that, since minced lamb is quite fatty? OR do you mean low fat from dairy and junky food?

Do you think it would be useful to post what I eat either here on in a new journal? Not super detailed with timing etc. but just so that I'm accountable if I'm not sticking to the plan? I haven't written a food journal for weeks because I personally didn't give myself any feedback and it's just left on my desktop.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013 at 03:25 PM.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post

Gaining a lot of weight fast and I eat well with no change in caloric intake (MDA Note: I've lost 7 lbs in the past week though, should I mention that? I've been under eating due to loss of appetite and constipation. I've gained about 14lbs since my last visit to the Doctors 3 years ago, and that was within the past 2 months)
    Don't mention the weight loss. That will just confuse the doctor. Just say that you gained 14 pounds within a short period of time even though you didn't change your diet.

Testosterone

Low levels of testosterone affect overall energy and mood. I feel like there is no sense of wellbeing and my life isn’t going anywhere. No sexual desire and problems maintaining an erection.
    I don't think you should tell him that you're life isn't going anywhere. You want to avoid saying things that make him think you're depressed. Just say that you have low energy, no sexual desire, problems maintaining erection, and that you just don't feel great in general. This has got to be enough for him to give you a testosterone test.

If I have the tests done and there are signs of Low thyroid and/or Testosterone, it's likely the Doc will give me something, don't you think? I really don't want to take meds because they probably have bad side effects and I could be on them for years. Should I tell the Doc, after the tests, that I want to try and recover naturally, or just take his prescription but never collect the meds? Obviously his response will depend on what the tests tell him in terms of severity.
    I think you should worry about this part after you get your test results. Make sure you ask for a copy of the results, and don't just take his word for it (even if he tells you that everything is fine). In general, I think if you're really hypothyroid, it is recommended that you take synthetic hormones because having low thyroid hormones actually cause a lot of problems. It would be better to take replacement hormones and do dietary/lifestyle adjustments at the same time. But, in the end, it's up to you, of course. Still, no need to worry about it until after the test.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea matts approachusually helps people on extreme diets get over their ED but it doesnt really fix smaller issues like hypo/digestion because its too vague. I also dont believe fruit to be cooling unless its all you eat and dont eat any salt/drink tons of water.

No you dont have to journal if you dont want, its time consuming and stressful. I think you should write out a plan and then follow it for a month straight and then reevaluate. Take detailed before/after marks and maybe follow trends like weight/temp/energy.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    diene, Good points there, I think it's easy to overcomplicate these symptoms to really get my points across to get the tests I need. The medication thing is after becoming educated in Paleo lifestyle and approaches to better health (though I didn't get healthier really)... I think it's hard to accept when one has to rely on drugs, but like you said, we'll see how the tests go first.

Zach, the plan is good for shopping which I still do a little bit. Things like knowing how long it's going to take the fruit to ripen can mean the difference between eating for 3 days or not. (sticking with the plan that is). I still journal but it's not a specific food breakdown journal. It's just a place to write how I feel, what I ate etc. (Dayone app)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013 at 11:59 AM.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    OHMAGURSH

I think Cici should send that pic you requested as a birthday gift. HEY HEY.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

diene is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, happy birthday, Zach!!! You're almost as old as I am.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Oh yeah, happy birthday, Zach!!! You're almost as old as I am.
    Ditto what Diene wrote. All of it

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday man !

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Happy 30th Zach my main bro
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant