Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best steaming method page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Those old fashioned bamboo "hippie" steamers work great and are really versatile.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    You'll note I didn't even call it "boiling" in my second post to you. I merely referred to other steaming methods (such as using a basket) which, while they may involve an extra step or dish to was, I think produces better results from my personal experience.

Just my opinion though.
    yeah a basket produces better results but my method is faster and produces good results for very little effort. I find the tradeoff quite worth it Cooking is like that to me, I value speed and efficiency and am willing to trade off. In this case you really can't tell the difference with most vegetables steamed this way and using a basket.

sara frances is offline Junior Member
    I use a rice cooker that has a steam setting and a steaming basket. this may not be the best method but it's super easy and requires no monitoring. my rice cooker is also how I make hardboiled eggs. although I suppose they are technically hard-steamed eggs!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For vegetables, I stick them in a bowl or on a plate, cover it with a wet paper towel, and microwave it for 3 or 4 minutes. It's way easier than using a steamer, and with much less to clean up afterward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12