Thread: can anyone recommend a certain brand for a probiotic :) page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

can anyone recommend a certain brand for a probiotic :)

Primal Fuel
    planning on taking one so i would appreciate the help

richard is offline Senior Member
    here is something you won't hear in many other places.

SCD Essential ProbioticsTM: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

You can take a TEASPOON and dilute it with a liter of water and add some molasses, and store it, and use it by the teaspoon. It is amazing stuff.

You can make your own this way:

Korean Natural Farming - Lacto Bacillus - YouTube

These are FAR better than those capsules and powders you buy. They have WAY more microbes and in more of an active state.

Recently our dog had very severe skin problems despite a raw diet. The (holistic, natural) vet said it takes dogs six months to recover. We started giving our dog some of these EM and in a month she is completely better. Just one example of the healing power.

Sometimes I take some in psyillium fiber. That way it travels into the colon more easily. I know this has molasses in it but it isn't much because of the dilution.

REMSP10 is offline Junior Member
    My wife has had good luck with the brand sold at the GNC stores.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I have heard that if you want the organisms to make it past your stomach and into your intestine you need to get the enteric coated ones.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

richard is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I have heard that if you want the organisms to make it past your stomach and into your intestine you need to get the enteric coated ones.
    no you don't, but you should take them on an empty stomach. Then they easily make it past the stomach into the intestinal tract. If you take fiber, like psyillium fiber, you can dilute the powder with the liquid probiotics and they will easily make the trip on an empty stomach. But it's not necessary.

These bugs should be very, very hardy and are acid loving. One great way to get probiotics is to eat home made fermented vegetables, probably the best way. We ferment kimchi, and all sorts of vegetables, and these really help as even a tablespoon ful every day contains way more microbes and probably better ones than the little pills and powders.