Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journey (HelenLouise) page

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member

My Primal Journey (HelenLouise)

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

This will just be a short post to start as I'm at work and I should be inputting pilates notes rather than reading forums.

I'm a 36 year old single mother of 1 gorgeous 4.5 year old daughter. I live with my brother and his son stays with us every second week. I found MDA around mid last year and couldn't get enough of reading all Mark's posts. I bought the Primal Blueprint but honestly did nothing much about changing my lifestyle. I'm a choc and cake fiend (I get this from my mother!!!) So I'm finally getting serious about it now. I'm just doing it for the health benefits as I'm already and always have been my ideal weight. But to get out of the lazy, sleepy rut I seem to have been in for years would be wonderful. My brother wants to get healthier but I can't see him not buying bread for a while as my nephew LOVES sandwiches so it will be interesting trying to get him off his daily PB&J lunch at school. I also don't buy the food as my brother works in a chain grocery store as a baker and gets a discount. I think I might talk to him about alternating the job, I'm sure he'll be all for that!

Ok, I best get back to work. I'll post later how I go today with the food. So far its been 2 boiled eggs and a machine coffee with hilo milk and 2 sugars. Can't forgo the sugar in the coffee and it will likely be a long time til I start cutting down on that.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome HelenLouise. Do the best you can. Every step you take helps. Last I read, even Mark has some sugar in his morning coffee. Can you cut back to one?
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

At home I have plunger coffee so I'm going to need to work on that as i find it quite bitter. At work I can, although out of habit today I had 2 and it was a bit sweet.
    Thank you for the welcome.

My lunch may sound a bit weird but I was experimenting. I had avocado, bacon and garlic. Was yummy!!! Bit too much fat maybe?

I was thinking this morning that things were looking up as my bro went to the 24 hr gym this morning while the rest of us were all sleeping. He's been paying for it for a year but couldn't be bothered going. So I thought YAY, I might get him on primal yet, but then he takes his son shopping and gets a whole tray of donuts, something I haven't eaten in a long time. I, of course, am days from that time of the month, I'm bloated and irritable and even though I shook my head at him when he pulled them out, I still had a jam donut. EUGH! No wonder I feel blah! To be fair, he did buy a HUGE amount of veg to make some zuchini and chorizo soup which is yum, yum yummy!!!!!!!!!

My food today -

B - 2 boiled eggs
    L - a whole avo, 2 slices of bacon mixed with garlic
    S - 2 handfuls of almonds and 2 jam donuts
    D - a huge bowl of chorizo and zucchini soup

Oh and almost 3/4 of a bottle of wine. Think I should just go to bed and start anew tmrw.

I gave my mum the 21 day transformation book last year for her bday. She told me one day that she thought she was having too much fat. Is that possible coz I've just been thinking that this morning. I put coconut oil in my coffee with cream this morning and OMG it was so yum!!!!
    Also had 2 eggs scrambled with 2 pieces of bacon and some cut up tomato. Not sure I was really hungry when I ate it tho. Probably should have just forgone bfast and waiting til lunch.

Meh, was doing mostly fine until the whole wedge of Camembert cheese and half a pack of crackers. Didn't really feel like dinner when it came around but I had a little of the chicken stir fry. Then I made the Berry Crumble from the Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals. I used frozen berries so I wonder if that had something to do with how bitter the berries tasted. I wasn't the biggest fan of it unfortunately. I do feel pretty stuffed though.

Yummy scrambled eggs with sautéed spinach, bacon and a little garlic. Yum yum.

My mum asked me earlier why I'm tracking my food when I don't need to lose any weight? I am hoping to track my workouts too, when I get off my butt and actually do something. Starting to think I may be a little self absorbed for writing a journal.

OldCrow is offline Member
    Writing a journal can be fun and at the very least it helps you keep track of your progress!.. Takes a long time to get people reading but I think (and don't quote me on this, I just really started too) that the more consistent you are about writing in here, the more people are likely to realize you're serious and give a helping hand or at the very least get a laugh!
    Screw it, I'm subscribing right now!

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    My lunch may sound a bit weird but I was experimenting. I had avocado, bacon and garlic. Was yummy!!! Bit too much fat maybe?
    Too much fat??? Seriously, no one here would call that lunch weird.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast