Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journey (HelenLouise) page 9

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Helen, good on you for getting back on track with primal again. It does get easier with time, even with non primal people in the house, especially if you make sure to actually eat ENOUGH primal food. After all, this is about nourishing the body, not depriving yourself.

I am amazed sometimes at how much I can put away - I am usually eating more than anyone else at the family dinners etc. I even seem to eat as much as my dh and he's a full foot taller than I am. Right now it's 11.30 pm and I have been snacking on almonds, banana, raisins and some homemade french fries - yeah, it's a strange assortment because I just kept raiding the pantry. I really felt hungry, probably due to being out most of the day so not grazing in the afternoon. Now I feel GOOD, not bloated but full and satisfied.

I guess what I'm suggesting, is make sure you have primal treats and foods available, then you will be less tempted by any junk that people tend to ply you with.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I feel full coz I just had way too much 70% choc. It was bought for my daughters trial bday cake. I need higher cocoa choc lol.

Bit off course yesterday and today. Way too many sugary treats. Blah. Too much to actually savor them unfortunately. Might just steam up some veg for dinner.

Mmmmmm coffee!!!!! I want some eggs but with my busy Friday and working Sat morning, I've had no time to get to the egg farm and now I have to wait til Monday. Sigh. Not sure what to do for bfast. I over indulged last night which always makes me really hungry in the morning. Amazingly my daughter has not whinged for bfast since the moment she woke up, which is a real surprise.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I've had way too much 70% choc too. I accidentally got the 70 instead of 85. Too sweet!

Get back into the taste all too easily!

2 cups of coffee with heavy cream (and one spoon of rapadura, which has come down from 2) and an omelette for lunch. That's it so far.

I'll probably make steak and veg for dinner. My bro is making a jar of curry and he's pissy coz I said he can just freeze the leftovers and ill make steak. Don't know why it's such an issue.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Steak and veg sounds good. Hope your brother comes round!

I've met a paleo chef! How bloody awesome is that!!?

EmmaM is offline Member
    That's very bloody awesome! Where does he work? Might try and get there next time I'm in Perth... (Assuming he works in Perth).

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast