Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journey (HelenLouise) page 6

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What a bad girl I was this morning, I had pancakes! Well Almond Banana Pancakes that have total paleo ingredients and they were yummy!!!! I think I had about 4 and they weren't very big and I'm still full now. But I have heaps of cleaning to do so no doubt I'll be starving by lunch time.

I need to find out how to make some primal seasonings. All of my mixed steak seasonings and what have you, have rice flour and other nasties in them.

Oh much remember to cook snacks and organize my lunch for tmrw. I'm working for 2 weeks as an assistant teacher in a pre primary class for my study. Got an assignment due Monday too that I have to finish tonight. Eek lots to do today!

I had my first ever day in the classroom and I'm exhausted. By 4pm I was starving so had a bit of chicken and mushed up a little sweet potato.
    B- grapefruit
    L- chicken and salad and cut up fruit
    S- chicken and sweet potato
    D- steak and eggs

I think it's bedtime now. Might make sure I get some eggs in me tmrw morning.

Had a GREAT week!!! Haven't worked full times hours in ages and I was up at 6.30 every morning to have my scrambled eggs. By the end of the week I know I was nowhere near as exhausted as I would have been. I still wake up with a really runny nose but that clears up after an hour or so.

I've been shopping per day on food for myself and going to the health food shop and I've spent an absolute fortune on bits and pieces and blown my budget right out of the water. Plus it didn't help that I got my electricity, gas and water bills that all needed to be paid at the same time. No more shopping for me, must make do with what's in the pantry, even if its just chicken and carrots.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Good work! Glad to hear you're not as tired at the end of the week.
    Enjoy the chicken and carrots

Back into school today. I didn't get enough sleep last night so reallllyyyy tired right now. My snack at work today was a Mayan choc nut bar (homemade) with coconut cream. It was so yummy but quite rich, even though I only took a little bit. Lunch was left over stew. I put in a tin of tomatoes, tomato paste and 4cups of beef stock. The stock had sugar and wheat flour in it so I've broken my W30 again, but I was dying for stew and I've never made my own stock before. Dinner was chicken legs and veg. I've already made my chicken salad for tmrw with left over chicken legs. Should be yummy. Now I'm just sleeeeeeepy!

EmmaM is offline Member
    Haven't attempted to make stock yet either. Always sounds quite time consuming.
    Chicken salad sounds yummy. Hope you had a nice sleep!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I just made a bacon stock. Yes it was time consuming if you consider that it took two days and a night to turn bones into broth. But not so much when you count a minute or two to put the bones in a stockpot and cover with water, plus a few more minutes at the end to remove the bones and pull the meat off them, and pour the stock into jars. It really depends how you look at it.

2 days?? It needs to be cooking that long Annie? That would jack up my gas bill.

I've been doing pretty well for my Whole30, just steak seasoning here and there and some Cajun seasoning on my chicken. But in the grand scheme of things, I think I'm doing pretty well. Even avoided the morning tea at work today for a bunch of people leaving. I had to sit with my back to the table because there was absolutely nothing there I could eat.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    2 days?? It needs to be cooking that long Annie? That would jack up my gas bill.
    That was mostly in the slow cooker. It would not take as long just in a pot on the element, especially if doing chicken bones would probably only take a couple of hours. Beef bones take the longest.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast