Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journey (HelenLouise) page 2

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Phew! Coz it was yum! Lol

I did pretty well today, if I do say so myself. I even did some hill sprints! Don't get me wrong, it was a piddly little hill, but it was something to start off with. Also did some dips and push ups while at the park. Kinda knackered after that though so we walked home. My daughter also face planted off her scooter which was fun but luckily she wasn't hurt.

I had sauteed bacon and spinach with scrambled eggs this morning and then a salad for lunch. Unfortunately no protein as we had nothing left in the house. After our exercise outing we made some apricot protein balls. They are so yummy that I've had about 4!!!
    Dinner will be whatever my bro makes while I'm in class this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow View Post
    Writing a journal can be fun and at the very least it helps you keep track of your progress!.. Takes a long time to get people reading but I think (and don't quote me on this, I just really started too) that the more consistent you are about writing in here, the more people are likely to realize you're serious and give a helping hand or at the very least get a laugh!
    Screw it, I'm subscribing right now!
    LOL thanks for the faith!!

Never have a great deal of time on the mornings that I have to go to work, but enough time to boil a couple of eggs and bring them with me. I made some protein balls yesterday and they are SOOOOO yummy. Hard to believe there is no sugar in it coz they almost seem like a dessert. A little too much coconut oil in them possibly but who cares! I had 3 of those before I walked out the door this morning.

I work in a physio office and my boss has given me exercises to do to try and tighten up my core as my back muscles overwork. Trying to relax them in any way is a bit of a trial and I wonder sometimes if I may ever end up with no back pain ache. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do any exercises at all this morning, I just feel like a weak mess. My core naturally relaxes at TTOM anyway so I'm just a bit of a useless case exercise wise today.

Is it normal to be so bloated before your period?? I haven't really noticed it being so bad until a few months ago and I feel uncomfortably bloated that I really just don't want to eat because I'll feel more uncomfortable. My daughter even said to me the other morning 'Mummy you have a food baby'. So not used to having such a pot belly.

Feel like a bit of a flop today. After work I changed straight from my uniform into trackies and uggs. Not looking like any exercise is going to be done as there's a storm coming. It's very much a curl up on the couch day and I'm wishing I'd taken something for my back/belly ache.
    Eating hasn't been too bad though.
    B - 2 boiled eggs, 3 protein balls
    S - handful of almonds
    L - tuna and salad, and some leftover berry crumble with vanilla yoghurt 97% fat free (bro bought this brand, everyone has a passion for vanilla yoghurt in this house)......more protein balls. lol They are yummy!
    D - Dinner will probably be pad thai.........noodles. Oh well, I love pad thai and I never have it anymore.
    Oh and I had a kiwi fruit.

So many journals to read and, just NO TIME! lol

OldCrow is offline Member
    Hey thanks for subscribing to my stuff!.. I don't get my period or anything but for me eating this way has done the opposite, I'm less bloated than ever and it's awesome!.. How serious are you about reaching your goals with Primal? Are you trying for 80% or more?.. I really don't think the Pad Thai and Berry Crumble are gonna do much good for your bloating! From what I've read and advice been given, the processed grain foods (noodles), wheat (crumble) and sugar (vanilla yogurt) are un-good!

It's taken me a while to figure it out and I still have a ways to go.. but I'm pretty sure I'm correct on that one! Have fun!

Hey the berry crumble was out of the PB quick and easy meals! I know the pad Thai is totally not and I wouldn't normally eat it, but my bro bought it and I wasn't up to making 2 meals last night so I tried to go light on the noodles. I do love pad Thai. Most of the time I'm pretty 70/30 but I'm striving for higher.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah after that vanilla it did taste really sweet. Gotta say I hadn't noticed how sweet before yesterday. Unfortunate for me.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast