Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Even More Steak and Eggs: Plus Plants vs. Animals! page 13

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    Well it's day 19 and my psyche is finally showing some wear and tear. I worked from home this morning and ended up unable to resist the call of walnuts and dark chocolate. After a few handfuls, I decided to try and eat a real meal to quell my hunger - three scrambled eggs with cheese and some butter. Now all the snack food is out of the house and the only things left in the fridge are lean meats, eggs, steak, and vegetables. Hopefully I won't have any more slips.

The real troubling thing is my mind is beginning to wander. I'm starting to worry if I'm damaging metabolism, or losing lean tissue, or not losing fat as fast as I could be. I spent some time this morning thinking about dropping the whole thing. I think I'm back now, but I can say I won't be carrying this past four weeks. I have day 28 circled on the calendar and I can say the experiment will be over then. I'm eager to get back to leangains and lose the last couple of pounds slowly while also working on my conditioning and building strength. But really I just want carbs again. I want potatoes and beets and bread and beer. This is a cool experiment and it has its ups and downs. Today is a down day. But I'll keep on until the end.

I'm going to do penance for my weakness: hill sprints after my training session this evening. That'll learn me.
    You've done great! Like you, its beginning to wear on me as well. My 4 weeks are up on Saturday and it can't get here soon enough. Longing for some good primal eating! I think next time I try this I will do two refeeds per week. Good results for me though and its surprising how my strength has improved.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    How do you think you may be damaging your metabolism?
    Oh I don't actually think I'm damaging my metabolism. I don't really believe that's possible. It's just I'm having more and more weak moments and I start using bizarro-logic to justify abandoning the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    You've done great! Like you, its beginning to wear on me as well. My 4 weeks are up on Saturday and it can't get here soon enough. Longing for some good primal eating! I think next time I try this I will do two refeeds per week. Good results for me though and its surprising how my strength has improved.
    Thanks, canuck. I almost decided to give it up last night. I'm back on the wagon though. Can't wait 'til next Saturday! I went to the store and bought two organic apples this afternoon and finished them both on the 3 minute drive home. It was a slip, to be sure, but it's better than and out and out binge.

On another note, I think when I get down to my desired leanness level, I'm going to start a super slow, leangains bulk. And I'm going to eat like 8 eggs a day. Looking forward to it.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    And now I'm back from the dead. Resurrection. While gone, I had a birthday, a friend's birthday, a Memorial Day barbecue, two Father's Day celebrations, and handful of other bad, bad diet breaks. Those occasions, combined with a lack of posting on here, resulted in roughly 0-5% diet adherence and sloppy, sloppy living. But I'm back. I'm back to continue what I started. My original three point five weeks of steak and eggs still show, and I know I can right the ship in no time. In the interest of accountability, here are some photos.

This is about two weeks before I started steak and eggs:

And this is yesterday:

So I kept some of my gains (or losses, as it were) but I'm definitely not there yet. I've been eating good food, just far too much of it. I've been training hard, but too sporadic and with too many breaks. Back on track now. I'll be doing meat and eggs rather than strictly steak. Fatty fish, whole chickens, roasts, pork, sausages, bacon, etc. Probably some dark chocolate too, but in moderation.

Sorry for the lapse. Let's see how the next few weeks go.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213