Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else feel really stupid page

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member

Does anybody else feel really stupid

Primal Fuel
    The more I read, the more stupid I feel. I'm not stupid really; I am a healthcare professional, have 2 degree's (3 if I count my nursing) and a masters. I know how to critically think and critique research.
    I cannot imagine why I have accepted so much doctrine without challenging it and without even really thinking about it. I've even taught it to others. I feel heartsick,angry and betrayed and so f-ing stupid.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Don't feel stupid. There was a conspiracy to misinform you. You did the best you could under the circumstances. Feel good that you have finally seen through the subterfuge.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    The more I read, the more stupid I feel. I'm not stupid really; I am a healthcare professional, have 2 degree's (3 if I count my nursing) and a masters. I know how to critically think and critique research.
    I cannot imagine why I have accepted so much doctrine without challenging it and without even really thinking about it. I've even taught it to others. I feel heartsick,angry and betrayed and so f-ing stupid.
    I feel your pain,

I'm doing graduate studies now, and its ridiculous how much we take for granted, conventional wisdom isn't just relevant to diet its across the board.

Literally makes my head hurt every. single. day.
    Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
    Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Don't feel stupid. There was a conspiracy to misinform you.
    Yep, probably some unholy alliance of Lex Luthor, Ronald McDonald and CIA! - because that doesen't sound stupid at all, so then it must be true...

Z0oom is offline Member
    Yea, I could hardly get through a biology class because of all the general assumptions we had to infer on how fats are bad for us, and that bagels are necessary part of everyone's diet... As time goes on I feel like I am getting better at tolerating it though, there is literally billions, perhaps trillions of dollars pushing that information to the masses.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Ah, Grasshopper,
    You have taken the first step with the self realization that you are but a grasshopper and there is much to learn,
    Be thankful, as most die not realizing this.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    It's funny, ever since I've learned to open my mind about nutrition, it's made me start to question absolutely everything. Example: I've always been a straight-and-narrow kind of girl, doing what my parents want and what my professors say, etc etc... lately I've begun to wonder "why?" and it's like my whole life has opened up.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    It is amazing actually from what I ve read/seen since I began to follow primal eating - the endemic misinformation regarding what constitutes healthy eating has really only been around since the 1950 s and yet what a difference it has made to our societies. Also it would appear that when we talk about food production, the profit worshipping free market has done little to aid our physical health and is unlikely to, given that the cheapest ingredients - grains -give rise to the biggest profits. And then when people get ill further profits from selling medications...

BrodieMN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    It is amazing actually from what I ve read/seen since I began to follow primal eating - the endemic misinformation regarding what constitutes healthy eating has really only been around since the 1950 s and yet what a difference it has made to our societies. Also it would appear that when we talk about food production, the profit worshipping free market has done little to aid our physical health and is unlikely to, given that the cheapest ingredients - grains -give rise to the biggest profits. And then when people get ill further profits from selling medications...
    I would hardly use the words "free market" when talking about food production. Bottom line is we all have free will. This thread reminds me that we are all lazy and take information for granted, but then someone questions & then another...I am just happy that I have more knowledge

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I would use "free market". Uncontrolled by limits on monopolies and influence-peddling, the "free market" leads to abuses just like this. Why compete freely when your money can buy laws that favor your business? And who really has "free will" to change their situation while their only source of information is misinformation intended to soak them for a profit while destroying their health?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast