Hey everyone, I would like to ask you a few questions on my diet:
To start off, I'm typically a 2-meal a day eater; simply because i like to fill my appetite level (high) and separate meals so i actually feel hungry when I eat.
For breakfast i usually will eat some bacon & eggs, often with cream and cottage cheese, maybe some vegetables or some leftover dinner, and because it is fairly expensive, I made a muesli sort of thing with: quinoa, amaranth, rice flakes, a bit of oats, shredded coconut, cranberries, goji berries (it has maybe too many berries i think), pumpkin, sunflower and flax seeds. I add a handful of mixed nuts on the top and pour in some milk.
For dinner it is usually a form of protein and i try to max out veggies. Sometimes there is a starch (potato or rice) and for dessert one or 2 fruits with yoghurt. Often have cheese as an 'appetizer' before dinner
I typically do 2.5hrs of sport (45 min crossfit session included) 4 days, and work a job with regular lifting 2 days a week. School the rest of time.
Details: A 17 year old male, athletic and fairly low BF (scale says 8% but i honestly think more 14 or so). My fat resides a lot on my lower chest and lower back.
My 'look' seems to fluctuate a lot, sometimes i will seemingly have lost fat, and sometimes i will look chubby.
I also have a lot of acne and inflammation marks (not quite scars, but red spots)
I had a urine and blood test today, so I will report the results when I get them
I love to cook, and I'm not afaid of trying anything new
I also get regular sleep (although i wake up every night to pee, which does have an effect)
My questions are:
- What do you think about what I eat? Any changes recommended?
- I eat a lot of dairy, much more than what is recommended probably, but I don't know what I could use to replace the calorie count because of its cheapness. And does that mean I will have to cut out butter and cream too? I'm planning on maybe stopping dairy to see what it does for weight management, gas/bloating and acne
- If i do take things out from my diet, what kind of fats could I add in to measure up cals?
- As I'm a big eater, are there any other big eaters out there with what to eat for real satisfaction?
- I'd also like to gain some muscle mass, but if i eat too much, I do gain fat, not muscle.
- Anything else you would like to add?
Thank you very much
Last edited by tibofox; 05-03-2013 at 02:44 AM.
If you've already got your body in its optimal zones, just eat healthy dude.
Last edited by dilberryhoundog; 05-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.
A little primal gem - My Success Story
Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)