Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Asian grocery, what to look for? page 4

vincebae is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    A real suggestion though, big bags of dried seaweed. It expands A LOT in water and is great for adding to soups.
    This type of seaweed is called Miyeok(미역) in Korean and Wakame(ワカメ) in Japanese (Wakame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Since it expands a lot in water, it should not be consumed as a snack in dried form like other seaweed called Nori in Japanese or Kim(김) in Korean (Nori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
    You can imagine the consequences...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Try looking for frozen fish. SO CHEAP. Steer clear of mackerel and other rapidly diminishing stocks, but other fish is awesome and CHEAP.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    You know, now that i think of it, i dont remember seeing any seaweed? (aside from nori for sushi) Will have to look for it next time.
    And will take a better look at the fish next time, i was looking for frog legs but they were out

Oh and i always read labels. Things like soy tend to react very unpretty-like with my body so i did that even before primal
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vincebae View Post
    This type of seaweed is called Miyeok(미역) in Korean and Wakame(ワカメ) in Japanese (Wakame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Since it expands a lot in water, it should not be consumed as a snack in dried form like other seaweed called Nori in Japanese or Kim(김) in Korean (Nori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
    You can imagine the consequences...
    It doesn't look very appetizing in dried form anways, looks like something you might trip over on a beach. I just put it in an asian style soup.

Speaking of that, get chicken feet there and add them to your chicken carcass bone broth.

Another thing those stores are great for is frozen squid. Cheap and very good.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post

Another thing those stores are great for is frozen squid. Cheap and very good.
    Unless they give you food poisening, yeah, i got some,, ate 2 of the lil buggers, Thought they dident taste right so gave to dogs and spent the last 2 days feeling very cold while hubby says I was way hot(and not the good kind) and no energy (but strangely no upset stomach or other feelings of being sick), oh and sweating like crazy
    Hubby dident eat any and he dident get sick so im pretty sure thats what it was

Ps...dogs were fine
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234