Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juicing and Weight Gain page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had that issue.

In my case, I have my eggs and butter with 1 cup of juice. The juice is celery, lemon, apple, silver beet and coriander. DH and I split the two cups of juice that 3 celery stalks, 5 silver beet leaves, one lime, one apple (small), and two coriander sprigs (you know, by roots? it's like 4-6 stalks per root and then i do two roots). It's not a lot of get/calories/sugar to start with, and it's not that much juice.

That is my first meal, usually around 12, and then I'm not hungry again until about 4. At this point, I generally have a snack of some sort -- recently a good nut butter and carrots/celery (DS joins me usually). And then I eat dinner around 7:30 which is usually just meat and veg. And when I'm menstruating, I add kumara to one or two dinners.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Carrot juice is actually sweeter than some fruits.

I wonder if a SMALL glass of juice (like 5 ounces) that includes a tablespoon of olive oil or a couple of raw egg yolks might actually improve vitamin bioavailability along with satiety.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I wonder if a SMALL glass of juice (like 5 ounces) that includes a tablespoon of olive oil or a couple of raw egg yolks might actually improve vitamin bioavailability along with satiety.
    Carrot juice + egg yolks = primal creme brulee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12