Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steak and Eggs diet: eKatherine page 3

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was extra hungry, after not eating so much for lunch. Maybe this morning's bench workout had something to do with it, too. 3 egg square omelet with hot sauce, ribeye steak. I ate it all, then I finished the drippings.

My boyfriend is getting used to the steak, too. Last night he had half a steak (with a potato and the last of the leftover vegetables), then later today finished the leftover steak for lunch. This morning he was surprised not to be sore after yesterday's run. I've been telling him he'll recover more quickly and grow stronger faster if he ate more meat, but those corn chips keep calling him...

This one's a bit different. If you go back to the ribeye-cutting session, you see a fat slab I trimmed. That ended up being simmered until the membrane was tender, and chilled. I ended up with a little broth, a cup and a half of rendered ribeye fat, and a slab of fat with a little meat.

Sliced and salted, the fat looked like this:

Oh, yum! What beefy goodness!

Tonight's supper: 9oz steakburger au poivre, and 2 hard-boiled egg yolks.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    If I couldn't eat whites, I'd mash my yolks up in some butter with fresh herbs and rub it all over the hot steak. Looks good though!

I do sometimes mash them up with butter, if it feels like I'm not getting enough fat. But the meat I've been eating lately feels plenty fatty to me. I am concerned I may be eating too many calories. I will find that out soon enough.

Hopefully the missing images will be back shortly.

My break-steak on refeed day: grapefruit, cuties, kimchi, and smoked salmon:

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    My break-steak on refeed day: grapefruit, cuties, kimchi, and smoked salmon
    I never would have thought to combine kimchi and salmon......yum. That looks delish.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I never would have thought to combine kimchi and salmon......yum. That looks delish.
    Real kimchi has fish or other seafood in it. I recall one bucket we bought and didn't like all that much. It had a bland, celery-like flavor. I made the excess into a kimchi stew that tasted like it had canned anchovies added to it. (Not a bad thing. My boyfriend loved the effect.) Odd how the fishy taste became more pronounced when it was diluted by addition of lots of meat and other vegetables.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I do sometimes mash them up with butter, if it feels like I'm not getting enough fat. But the meat I've been eating lately feels plenty fatty to me. I am concerned I may be eating too many calories. I will find that out soon enough.
    If you are slightly higher in calories, it might support an increase in muscle growth and metabolic rate resulting in fat loss. It will be interesting to see if that's the case.

We will see. I may give it another week or start cutting back slightly on portion size.

Lunch: Oyster stew thickened with potatoes and cashews. Tomatoes. Not shown: leftover cole slaw.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast