Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The body can't differentiate between calorie types" page

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member

"The body can't differentiate between calorie types"

Primal Fuel
    Why do people keep saying "the body can't differentiate between calories" and "a calorie is a calories, how can the body know?" and other such nonsense?

As if the body were some barely evolved dumb machine and must conform to rigid human logic.

Without exercising more than a few brain cells we know it is senseless; when you eat a calorie of carbohydrate the body knows the difference and processes it differently than a calorie of fat or a calorie of protein. Ever heard of insulin? Obviously the body does know the difference.

Please stop the madness. Thank you.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    It's like a calorie is some standardized particle.

It's not a particle...it's a measurement more than anything.

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Good lord, man. A calorie is a measure of energy. Insulin is an anabolic hormone without which glucose would not be able to enter cells to be metabolized, into energy. I know you're intimating insulin only puts energy into fat cells, but that's not true at all. It's a completely uncontroversial scientific fact, actually. But I know you don't care. I remember your "science is dumb nothing's true" thread pretty vividly.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    It's completely uncontroversial. Your body will take any calorie and turn it into what you need. No protein intake? No problem. Your body will create protein from the carbs and fat you consumed. It works exactly like vitamins, and everyone knows that vitamins are universally interchangeable. A vitamin is a vitamin is a vitamin.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's completely uncontroversial. Your body will take any calorie and turn it into what you need. No protein intake? No problem. Your body will create protein from the carbs and fat you consumed. It works exactly like vitamins, and everyone knows that vitamins are universally interchangeable. A vitamin is a vitamin is a vitamin.
    bwahaha. I see what you did there!

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    what I don't get is why your time stamp says 8:12 pm, but it's only 8:08 now,

Quote Originally Posted by neilc11 View Post
    what I don't get is why your time stamp says 8:12 pm, but it's only 8:08 now,
    but then mine says 14,,,,

mark's server must be speeding

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Didn't you start this thread before Kimchee?

It's undeniable that ATP comes from both carbs and fats.

And that fats and proteins have satiety factors that carbs do not.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    EXACTLY. Except for multi-vitamins which are like 'super foods' but in vitamin form. You don't even need to eat if you're taking a multi-vitamin.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 05-02-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast