Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depression Survey page 2

raikay is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Switching to primal had helped me tremendously. Since cutting sugars and grains my fibromyalgia has quit having flare ups. I then went super low carb on it based on the connection between keto diets and epilepsy. Even though I don't have epilepsy, the parallels between it and bipolar in brain wave activities and the use of many medications for both gave me hope that a primal keto diet would help with my moods.

I'm happy to report I feel amazingly normal, my moods seem pretty stable, and I just generally feel great. I blame it all (in a good way) on primal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

raikay is offline Member
    Edited for wrong thread fubar
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    My family has a tendency towards cyclical thought patterns and chronic depression. Since going Primal, I find I crash less often and for shorter bursts, but the intensity is pretty much the same. I guess it's simply that I get stressed less easily, but, when I DO get stressed, nothing can fix it and I spiral straight down into depression.
    So, in a roundabout way, it helped a bit. *shrugs*
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I try to be depressed beause it's cool, but it's really hard these days. I want to frown at people as they drive by like a powerful emo god, but I'm too busy singing at the top of my lungs and feeling amazing. I sort of miss the hypnotic feeling of being too numb to feel anything, but I can't chase away the happy butterflies of sunshine that coat my entire being. It's kind of depressing being this happy...

I guess having a new body will do that to you. I don't fart, snore, get itchy rashes, wake up in pain...I feel like a complete reboot has happened, like I was born three years ago and everything is fresh again.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 05-15-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Michiel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I try to be depressed beause it's cool, but it's really hard these days. I want to frown at people as they drive by like a powerful emo god, but I'm too busy singing at the top of my lungs and feeling amazing. I sort of miss the hypnotic feeling of being too numb to feel anything, but I can't chase away the happy butterflies of sunshine that coat my entire being. It's kind of depressing being this happy...

I guess having a new body will do that to you. I don't fart, snore, get itchy rashes, wake up in pain...I feel like a complete reboot has happened, like I was born three years ago and everything is fresh again.
    Being depressed is not cool!

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    My family has a tendency towards cyclical thought patterns and chronic depression. Since going Primal, I find I crash less often and for shorter bursts, but the intensity is pretty much the same. I guess it's simply that I get stressed less easily, but, when I DO get stressed, nothing can fix it and I spiral straight down into depression.
    So, in a roundabout way, it helped a bit. *shrugs*
    Snap. My mind still feels unpredictable at times but if Primal/paleo hasn't 'fixed it' then that's that. I still feel better than I did pre-primal!

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    I have had bouts of depression most of my life but never sought treatment, I usually just push through it . When switching to paleo i remember feeling great and my mood stabilizing for a while but an unbreakable depression slowly crept its way back. So much so that the friends who I was living with at the time (and considered family) started to mock this "fad" diet and blaming "not getting enough carbs" as the cause of my poor mood (little did they know they were fueling my depression). One move later and im still 80/20 paleo but still mildly depressed (I think for what I left behind) and I struggle with the question of was it the diet that caused my worsening depression or was it my past living arrangement that drove my depression and the paleo diet switch was just coincidence.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DennyB; 05-19-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes worse...especially seasonal depression. I've noticed when I limit carbs in the winter it gets particularly bad.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Being depressed is not cool!
    Yes it is. I'm a total dork now. People hate happy people. What rock you been hiding under?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    Sometimes worse...especially seasonal depression. I've noticed when I limit carbs in the winter it gets particularly bad.
    Primal is not a low carb diet. When I tried VLC I became severely depressed. Eating primal and being sure to eat carbs either spread out through the week or refeeds now and then keep my mood stable. Of course, the recent financial changes for our family lead to a more laid back attitude as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast