Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social food and bonding - advice? page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    You know I use to bond with my friends while we drank about a fifth of jack a piece. But, thats not all that healthy so I quit bonding in that manner. I think of your bonding over food is the same sort of bonding as mine was with my friends. Time to find another way to bond.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dacec View Post
    You may just want to say to your elderly friend " the last few times I have had cake I had an upset stomach all day, I think I will pass on it"
    No diet info, just a simple, it doesn't sit well with me.
    I can't eat gluten at all.

The fact is that we are surrounded by people who mean well but when they go out of their way to surprise me by cooking me a "treat" often produce something that would poison me. They don't get it, and it's not reasonable to expect that someone who is not deep into the issues could bring their understanding up to the point where they could make something that would be consistently safe for me to eat.

She will get used to it, but only if you start the process. Perhaps if you start bringing fruit for both of you...

BrownEyedJo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    You know I use to bond with my friends while we drank about a fifth of jack a piece. But, thats not all that healthy so I quit bonding in that manner. I think of your bonding over food is the same sort of bonding as mine was with my friends. Time to find another way to bond.
    That's interesting. I hadn't thought of it like that... (Brilliant 'name' by the way! )

OK, thanks everyone. It's a relief to be able to discuss such matters amongst people who understand. I wish I'd joined the forum ages ago!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12