Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 calories a day page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

1000 calories a day

Primal Fuel
    Does one risk losing muscle/health if one eats 1000 calories a day from just an adequate amount of protein, lots of fat and zero carbs? For weight loss, that is. No exercising involved.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

RezH is offline Senior Member
    You'll want too stay close to 1g protein/lb to save muscle. Also make sure you are lifting heavy things twice a week at least.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    A thousand calories is pretty low. I'm cutting too and right now, my idea is to cut out the BASs and just go with mostly meat and eggs for my meals for a while. I love my BASs but they're on hold for a while until I save off the last few pounds that I need to get shaved.
    I would still like to see Tarlach's meal plan. I think he has the whole carnivore plan down pat.
    I wouldn't recommend cutting out exersizing either unless you're just too exhausted to do it. Even modest fat reserves are enough to walk for several hundred miles if need be. So, I see no reason to shut down while I'm cutting.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Oh and it seems to mess with peoples heads that I have s single digit bf and 30 inch waist and I'm still trying to lose fat. I get "you're not trying to lose any more are you?" a lot. Yes, I don't care how much I weigh or what size my waist is. I'm not shifting into maintenance mode until my abs are out and showing in all their glory. If that means I need to get down to five to six percent body fat then so be it. Daemonized is on a mission.

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    Extreme starvation diets will result in compromised health and lost muscle mass for most humans. Starvation studies, research on the eating disordered, and the experiences of the CRON people seem to bear this out.

You'll be better off than a low-fat vegan or anorexic, because you're getting protein, fat, and decent nutrition comparatively - but I think it's a terrible idea.

Would 1000 cals a day damage one's metabolism?

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I can't claim any expert knowledge, but I think I would find it easier to IF every other day than cut calories. I would get less hungry that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    I can't claim any expert knowledge, but I think I would find it easier to IF every other day than cut calories. I would get less hungry that way.
    Do you mean alternative day fasting? You know what, I thought of it before. I'm going to reconsider it.

I have lost about 50lbs so far and my calorie intake is approx 1800 per day. 1000 seems extremely low and would certainly mess with your metabolism over a period of time. You will also likely lose the weight too quickly. I wouldnt worry so much about the calories and stick to the proper protein and fat amounts. The calories will work themselves out naturally if you stick to the PB part and stay around 50g carbs. You will certainly lose weight.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I seriously doubt that eating 1000 calories a day will get you closer to your goal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast