Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1000 calories a day page 4

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am going to lose muscle either way, but I have to just accept it.
    I was commenting on this part, not the fat part.

Raleighwood is offline Member
    No offense, but I'm pretty skeptical of your posts. I am also pretty skeptical about how healthy this method is.

IFing can be beneficial for many things. However, starving (in other words extreme caloric deficit) yourself is not beneficial for recovery. There is a difference between intermittent fasting, where you replenish your calories during your feeding window, and starving yourself to the 'skinniest you've ever been in your life.'

I know little to nothing about you, however from your posts and myopic way of thinking, it seems like you could have possible body dysmorphic disorder. I apologize if I am going too far out on a limb there. But rapid body fat loss from extreme caloric deprivation that makes you the skinniest you've ever been, with complete disregard for lean mass retention is a recipe for disaster and possible cardiac failure.

Healthy weight-loss is a steady process. It is a combination of a proper diet and exercise regimen, not an extreme calorie deficit.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSL View Post
    I was commenting on this part, not the fat part.
    What about it? I cannot prevent losing muscle due to my situation. I think it is healthier to accept it, rather then stress myself over losing it.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Geez guys. I am not anorexic.

Here's a picture I just took:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...aru1399/me.png

Unfortunately I don't have a 'before' one, but I was noticeable fatter around my waste.

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    I'm unsure of why it is that if you are injured, you have to lose lean tissue.

Raleighwood is offline Member
    I gotcha, you don't seem too skinny yet.

It just frustrates me when people don't approach weight management with the right set of protocols.

I recommend monitoring your weight levels on a weekly basis, 2-5lbs loss a week is safe. Try to get in resistance training to help maintain lean mass and aim for 1g/lb of BW of protein. This should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by RSL View Post
    I'm unsure of why it is that if you are injured, you have to lose lean tissue.
    Because I have no access to a gym. Sure I could do pullups and pushups and crunches, but I just couldn't be bothered yet. At least walking on crutches hit plenty of muscles.

Thanks for the advice RW. I'll post a picture again soon. I think next week I will go back to maintenance (going to back to school) then after that I will do another 2 weeks of 1000 calories depending on how I feel, and then I'll be done. I should be walking on special boots by then already.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by raleighwood View Post
    i gotcha, you don't seem too skinny yet.

It just frustrates me when people don't approach weight management with the right set of protocols.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmen to that

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234