Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1000 calories a day page 3

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Update: I'm still on the 1000 calorie plan and I am absolutely NOT starving!! I feel just fine and very energized. AND I FINALLY have ketosis breath! And that sweet smell in my mouth. I am getting skinnier. I don't care about losing some muscle. I will gain it all back easily.

I think that all the fasting I am doing is actually helping to speed up bone healing. I don't feel any pain at all anymore and I can put weight on my foot. Tomorrow I'm getting another x-ray, and we'll see how that goes... if it's indeed healing fast, I attribute it to my carnivore diet.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Raleighwood is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Oh and it seems to mess with peoples heads that I have s single digit bf and 30 inch waist and I'm still trying to lose fat. I get "you're not trying to lose any more are you?" a lot. Yes, I don't care how much I weigh or what size my waist is. I'm not shifting into maintenance mode until my abs are out and showing in all their glory. If that means I need to get down to five to six percent body fat then so be it. Daemonized is on a mission.
    If you have single digit body fat and don't have abs popping out, something is wrong. If this is the case, I'd suggest that you start doing some heavy lifting by means of squatting and dead lifting. This will grow your core like no other. Those lifts combined with some direct ab work (weighted sit ups, hanging leg raises to the face) should do more to bring out your abs than starving your self to unhealthy BF% levels, that is if you are at single digit BF levels now.

Raleighwood is offline Member
    To OP, if you are that low in calories and not resistance training you will lose lean mass. There's nothing you can do, short of using anabolic steroids/hormones.

Your body is very efficient. If it is starved and recognizes wasted resources (i.e unused muscle mass) its going to catabolize those unnecessary resources. No matter what your diet is.

After noticing you are recovering from an injury, I would not recommend such a deep calorie deficit. Your body needs resources to heal. A slight reduction would be ok if you are over weight. However, starving yourself while recovering probably is not optimal.
    Last edited by Raleighwood; 05-14-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Update: I'm still on the 1000 calorie plan and I am absolutely NOT starving!! I feel just fine and very energized. AND I FINALLY have ketosis breath! And that sweet smell in my mouth. I am getting skinnier. I don't care about losing some muscle. I will gain it all back easily.

I think that all the fasting I am doing is actually helping to speed up bone healing. I don't feel any pain at all anymore and I can put weight on my foot. Tomorrow I'm getting another x-ray, and we'll see how that goes... if it's indeed healing fast, I attribute it to my carnivore diet.
    I am totally guilty of not doing squats at all. I've had sciatica and I really don't want to do anything to put my back in jeopardy again. My chest and arms are in great shape and I can do lots of chin ups, pull ups and push ups. I don't do a lot of lower body workouts other that sprints though.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I have increased the inverted sit ups that I do though and that seems to be helping.

dan.desroches is offline Junior Member
    Well, how long have you been ingesting 1000kcal/d? How low is your current bodyfat? The lower your bodyfat, the quicker your body is to respond by downregulating certain processes and functions (ie, reproductive, conversion of t4 to t3, sympathetic nervous system output, gh secretion, leptin etc). This doesn't happen over night, and in fact although your body is very adaptive, it takes time to adapt. The fatter you are, the longer you can go without significant fatigue and muscle wasting. This is why some people choose to use a kcalorie tapering method, where kcalories gradually decrease over the span of 3-4days (depending on how lean you are) then they go back up to maintenance levels for a few days. Going back up to maintenance has a bunch of beneficial implications on the body. Leptin will increase, glycogen will be partially (if not fully) replenished, thyroid begins functioning at a more normal rate, and your body will be generally more generous with it's energy (instead of holding on to all of it for inner bodily processes, leaving you fatigued).

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    Update: I'm still on the 1000 calorie plan and I am absolutely NOT starving!
    I am curious - do you know how many grams of protein you are eating each day?

Thanks for all the comments.

You see, I am NOT starving. I would know if I was. I am perfectly satiated with 1000 calories. I am 22 hours into an IF and I am just starting to get hungry. I am going to lose muscle either way, but I have to just accept it. Then in one or two months I will start fresh again, and I will be LEAN.

I just looked at the mirror, and omg, I have never been this skinny in my life. I am pleased.

As for the injury, I think I'll be fine. IF is wonderful for recovery.

RSL: I am eating only 70 grams of protein a day. I think that is what did the trick for me. Previously I was taking as much as 200 grams.

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    If you are getting skinny, but losing muscle instead of, or in addition to, fat, that is not a good thing. There is losing weight, and then there is being healthy. With PB, I believe that the emphasis is on health, not weight loss at the expense of lean tissue. Have you had your body composition done lately?

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RSL View Post
    If you are getting skinny, but losing muscle instead of, or in addition to, fat, that is not a good thing. There is losing weight, and then there is being healthy. With PB, I believe that the emphasis is on health, not weight loss at the expense of lean tissue. Have you had your body composition done lately?
    No. I am losing fat. I can taste the shitty taste of ketosis in my mouth constantly. It's mainly in my stomach, so I know it's fat that I am losing. I would guess something like 80% fat, 20% muscle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast