Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Karapn)

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Primal Journal (Karapn)

Starting weight: 197# , 5'3" (wouldn't that be cool if I could grow to 5'6: just from eating Primal) lol I have to amuse myself somehow.

Yesterday:
    B: Smoothie (almond milk, protein powder, 3 frozen strawberries & two handfuls of greens (Kale, Spinach & ?) - was delicious (I figured out how much I liked the greens in a smoothie when I went to Papaya's on Sunday & impulsively tried the Apple & Green Veggie smoothie (dairy free) - Sooooooooooo good.
    Morning at work: 2 cups coffee (1 Tbsp powdered sugar-free non-dairy creamer) - I'll ween myself off
    L: large green salad w/chicken (olive oil & lemon), sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
    S: small handful of roasted almonds (was hungry at work)
    D: homemade turkey Veggie soup (put the bones in the slow cooker on Sunday) - turkey, cauliflower, kale, spinach, celery, carrots

First night not drinking wine (and this is big for me - drink it too often and too much) - So ended up having a second bowl of soup later on that night. Didn't stuff myself, but was fine not having wine.

For the 1st time in a long time - I slept well. My husband is a very loud snorer as well as moving around, sitting up, sleep walking all after he comes into the room around 2:30am - Usually he wakes me and I am awake for hours. This time - he woke me & I was able to go back to sleep each time. I'm hoping that eventually I will be able to tune him out.

Feeling pretty proud to be Primal today.

To anyone reading - Hope you're having a very Primal day
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-01-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Really enjoying this - I've decided to not weigh myself daily. I've avoided pictures of myself for years in most family gatherings. I purposely took some unflattering pictures of myself the 1st day...very. I will probably weigh once a week, but I won't take pictures again until the first 30 days are up.

We are on a strict budget at home so I have to eat conventional. I hope to slowly incorporate the higher quality - true Primal protein, veggies & fruit. I'm just doing what I can, for now.

Yesterday:
    B: Smoothie (almond milk, protein powder, 3 frozen strawberries & two handfuls of greens (Kale, Spinach & ?)
    Two coffee's at work (*1 Tbsp powdered sugar-free non-dairy creamer) - *will stop soon
    L: large green salad w/chicken (olive oil & lemon), sprinkle of pumpkin seeds & slices of peppered almonds
    S: sm handful roasted almonds
    D: Homemade Turkey Veg Soup, again. Big bowl - spiced it w/red pepper flakes
    Bedtime I had a cup of herbal tea

Had a great day and good night. Didn't even want to drink wine. . Was having some neck/spine-ish pain (started at work - figured it had something to do w/the test for how many pushups I could do 2 days ago. Used a ICE-HEAT patch for all night relief. I woke feeling a little better, but really started feeling noticably better today. Two days ago I also did the test for squats and got my kids involved. We had a lot of fun. We plan to figure out how many we can do of the Pullup/chinup & Plank today or tomorrow.

Feeling good.
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-02-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Forgot something I wanted to note

Welcome! I hope Primal continues to go well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Another good day yesterday and today is FRIDAY!!!!! Actually this is a potentially challenging weekend, but I feel like I am going to do just fine. We have my daughter's 12th birthday party w/family that I'm going to need to feed lunch & most likely dinner (I'm hoping not dinner) and some kids sleeping over. Then Sunday is Mothers Day. It will probably be at my mom's where I have no control over the food so will have to plan ahead. Perhaps bring something for everyone that I know I can eat. But it should be fun.

So far today I've done 10 AP/10 AS (barefooted - it really is nice arriving before everyone)

Yesterday:
    B: Fruit Protein Smoothie (3 Strawberries frozen)
    2 coffees*
    (skipped lunch again)
    Snack: Handful of pumpkin seeds (4:30pm)
    D: Chicken (didn't even feel like adding anything else - I told myself I was out hunting and only caught a chicken lol)

I accomplished 50 assisted pushups (AP) and 50 assisted squats (AS) throughout the day (10 / 10 x 5)

Decided I needed to have some help going to the BR (it had been 3 days) so I had a nice cup of hot tea geared for that assistance. *thumps-up*

Get off at 2pm today (like every Friday) and going to have shop, clean & cook before the party tomorrow. Wish me luck

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS ... WAS..... AWESOME!!!!

Okay, now that I've gotten that out... I had a full day so didn't get a chance to log my food for yesterday this morning like I usually do ... so I've finished my day for today.

Yesterday
    Snack: Macadamia nuts
    Visited one of the local farmer's markets and got some great looking veggies, some meat and eggs. Really enjoyed the outdoor shopping experience.
    L: Apple & Greens Smoothie w/Protein Boost(shared with my sister who drank most)
    D: Pork, bacon, onion & cabbage (steamed)

I'll talk about today tomorrow morning. I'm tired now. Later.

Just wanted to pop in and say - Day 3 and doing well.

Yesterday was another successful day. Yeah! I sure hope I get to say that for the majority of my future.

It turns out that I was the only one in the office yesterday so I took my shoes off & slipped on a pair of socks and enjoyed my day.

BR exercises during work: 50 assisted pushups / 50 assisted squats (10 / 10 x 5) - It felt really good.

Food:
    B: Veggie Fruit Protein Smoothie (strawberry - 3)
    (skipped lunch because I wasn't hungry)
    Snack: Handful of shelled pumpkin seeds - 4:30 pm
    D: leftover Chicken & veg from lastnight) - 6:30 pm

I slept so well lastnight ... I miss my husband when he's gone, but I really enjoy getting to really sleep. I swear that sometimes I wish it was still the 'thing' to have your own rooms. I mean, everyone does deserve their own space and privacy. But... I foresee a lot of problems with that situation

Anyway - It's Thursday morning and I've done 10/10 before everyone gets here. I'm actually hoping I get another day alone. It was kind of nice yesterday.

I figured out some other stuff about the forum late yesterday. Like you have to put your picture in two places - one for your profile and one as your avatar if you want your picture to show next to your posts. I also created a group (for fun) - probably nobody will join, but the only other one I found that had anything to do with Sac hadn't had a post since early in '12. So I don't think that's active anymore.

So...off to a good start OH, just remembered something. When I was younger the heath bars would put an egg in your protein shakes. I never had a problem and I had them all the time. So I put an egg in my breakfast smoothie this morning to pump up the protein. Bad? :/

Enjoying my Saturday morning with a cup of coffee. My girl is gone until tomorrow morning and it feels a little lonely.

Yesterday
    Skipped breakfast (not hungry)
    Snack: handful of pumpkin seeds (around 1:30p)
    L: Chicken thighs (3 pm)
    D: Chicken Stir-fry (bacon, onion, okra, tomatoe & broccoli) - Coconut Aminos, pepper (7:30p)

I accomplished 30/30. Very sore. Will try to make up for it this weekend. I also walked my daughter to her friends and back rather than take the car (probably turned out to only be 30 minutes or less combined). I wore flip flops on the way and I was feeling strain in my shins. On the way back (1/2 way) I removed the shoes and walked barefooted. So much better. No shin strain and tried to focus on not hitting on the heal. Felt pretty good even though it was cement. I also purchased barefoot shoes for myself and barefooted running shoes for my daughter (since they need to look more like PE class shoes when she wears to school). We should get them Monday.

Re-Watched the 1st Star Trek movie with my kids since we're seeing the 2nd one Sunday (have our tickets!) and since my girl hadn't seen it, yet. SHE LOVED IT... I knew she would.

Put the Chicken bone Broth I made earlier back into the crock and turning into a Chicken Veggie soup/stew (depending on how much it is reduced).

Off to enjoy my Saturday.

Wink Short-term plan - day 1

I'm back on the healthy bandwagon - see wine is trouble for me. Right now I'm not weighing myself - because basically I forgot before eating breakfast. Today is day 1.

I am on a short-term plan to get me to my New Patient doctor's appt 10/25. I need to get as healthy as I can by that time. I kept trying to get healthy first and therefore procrastinated on the doctors thing for oh....lets see...most likely 6 years. Not good. My son was getting concerned so I decided yesterday when I woke up to just call from work and get an appt. That way it would force me to atleast do something. My way wasn't working. Luckily because I made this appt. I was able to setup one in two weeks with a nurse practitioner for my Dermatologist referral (which I had said I wanted in my first checkup w/the doctor). I'm a little concerned about BB or something being high when I go in 2 weeks, but hopefully it will work out. That's when I will find out my weight and then I will see and they will see if I have any changes from then to Oct 25th.

I have my plan on the refrigeration and will X off each end of day that I followed my plan. Not sure how much I will track on here because I don't want to add too many components right now.

I have started my first day ON plan with:

Homemade Primal Energy Bar

Hot Decaffinated Black Tea w/raw honey
    Smoothie (Almond Milk, blueberries & mango, coconut oil & sugar, whey protein)

Now I need to go and do some floor exercises while watching a TV show...