Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Karapn) page

Karapn is offline Member

Thumbs up Primal Journal (Karapn)

Primal Fuel

Starting weight: 197# , 5'3" (wouldn't that be cool if I could grow to 5'6: just from eating Primal) lol I have to amuse myself somehow.

Yesterday:
    B: Smoothie (almond milk, protein powder, 3 frozen strawberries & two handfuls of greens (Kale, Spinach & ?) - was delicious (I figured out how much I liked the greens in a smoothie when I went to Papaya's on Sunday & impulsively tried the Apple & Green Veggie smoothie (dairy free) - Sooooooooooo good.
    Morning at work: 2 cups coffee (1 Tbsp powdered sugar-free non-dairy creamer) - I'll ween myself off
    L: large green salad w/chicken (olive oil & lemon), sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
    S: small handful of roasted almonds (was hungry at work)
    D: homemade turkey Veggie soup (put the bones in the slow cooker on Sunday) - turkey, cauliflower, kale, spinach, celery, carrots

First night not drinking wine (and this is big for me - drink it too often and too much) - So ended up having a second bowl of soup later on that night. Didn't stuff myself, but was fine not having wine.

For the 1st time in a long time - I slept well. My husband is a very loud snorer as well as moving around, sitting up, sleep walking all after he comes into the room around 2:30am - Usually he wakes me and I am awake for hours. This time - he woke me & I was able to go back to sleep each time. I'm hoping that eventually I will be able to tune him out.

Feeling pretty proud to be Primal today.

To anyone reading - Hope you're having a very Primal day
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-01-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Karapn is offline Member
    Really enjoying this - I've decided to not weigh myself daily. I've avoided pictures of myself for years in most family gatherings. I purposely took some unflattering pictures of myself the 1st day...very. I will probably weigh once a week, but I won't take pictures again until the first 30 days are up.

We are on a strict budget at home so I have to eat conventional. I hope to slowly incorporate the higher quality - true Primal protein, veggies & fruit. I'm just doing what I can, for now.

Yesterday:
    B: Smoothie (almond milk, protein powder, 3 frozen strawberries & two handfuls of greens (Kale, Spinach & ?)
    Two coffee's at work (*1 Tbsp powdered sugar-free non-dairy creamer) - *will stop soon
    L: large green salad w/chicken (olive oil & lemon), sprinkle of pumpkin seeds & slices of peppered almonds
    S: sm handful roasted almonds
    D: Homemade Turkey Veg Soup, again. Big bowl - spiced it w/red pepper flakes
    Bedtime I had a cup of herbal tea

Had a great day and good night. Didn't even want to drink wine. . Was having some neck/spine-ish pain (started at work - figured it had something to do w/the test for how many pushups I could do 2 days ago. Used a ICE-HEAT patch for all night relief. I woke feeling a little better, but really started feeling noticably better today. Two days ago I also did the test for squats and got my kids involved. We had a lot of fun. We plan to figure out how many we can do of the Pullup/chinup & Plank today or tomorrow.

Feeling good.
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-02-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Forgot something I wanted to note

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome! I hope Primal continues to go well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Karapn is offline Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

Karapn is offline Member
    It's my fourth day going Primal and I'm really feeling pretty darn good.

Okay, for yesterday:
    B: Scrambled Eggs (3 eggs, Canadian bacon, mushroom, onion, cale, spinach, chard) - Oh this was yummy (I made my daughter some too & just went light on the veggies so as not to scare her - she ate it all and loved it.)
    L: Large green salad w/Tuna - Olive Oil & Lemon (sprinkle of pumpkin seeds & slivers of peppered almonds) - mixed tuna w/a little mayo (not homemade)
    D: Finished off my Turkey Veg Soup (spiced it again) - then later had some heartburn so I think I'll stay away from spice for now & see if that situation improves.

Again, no wine & not tempted. Put on another Ice/Heat pad since not completely better and was able to do some squats while watching American Idol I love the final three ladies...just so you know.

Off to complete my fourth day .... going to fast through lunch (not by choice but because I forgot to bring my lunch to work today, but since I've read it's okay to go more hours between meals...I hopefully won't feel I must eat a meal when I get off early today...we'll see)

Karapn is offline Member
    Another great day. Sure I hope I get to say that a lot

So yesterday:
    B: Protein Shake (Strawberry & greens) - yummy
    2 cups coffee
    lunch time (at work) - didn't have food early afternoon I had a snack before going to the grocery
    S: Almonds
    D: large salad w/Baked Chicken (olive oil & rice vinegar)
    Evening: Sugar-free mocha coffee

Had some trouble getting tired because I didn't realize the coffee was caffeinated. But kind of enjoyed staying up late. Had my normal interrupted sleep due to hubby, but kept going back to sleep and slept in this morning.

I don't think I look any different yet, but I feel better. Not getting much activity yet (neck pain), but I am doing a little. Certainly more than before.

Had a great Friday night.

Karapn is offline Member
    I'm having a pretty successful Sunday, but lets look back on Saturday - since Sunday is not over.

So - yesterday - slept in and honestly a pretty lazy day. I had a lot of plans, but Jess had a sleepover & it affected how active I was - strange, but true. Will have to make sure to not let that happen again.

B: 2 egg Omelet (zucchini, onion, mush, spinach) and 3 turkey sausage links - sliced avocado - 1/4 orange
    2 coffee's
    L: Large green salad w/grilled chicken - pumpkin seeds (olive oil & balsamic)
    D: London Broil (marinade: olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper) - saute of: cauliflower, onion, zucchini & tomato)

Felt guilty for lack of activity, but still positive about how I am eating.

Off to continue my Sunday - have a beef stew in the crockpot for dinner (no potato)

Karapn is offline Member
    So Sunday was very good - I think. I wasn't hungry for breakfast so didn't eat. Met family at the movies late morning for a over 2 hour movie...which was awesome. Iron Man 3 So.....I was surrounded with people eating hot buttered popcorn. It was getting to me so I went & got myself a diet coke to keep me busy. I know I shouldn't have soda, but I figured it was better and I got over the temptation rather quickly. So ended up not eating lunch until almost 3pm.

Diet Coke @ movies
    L: large salad w/leftover turkey links (olive oil & balsamic) - pumpkin seeds
    D: Small Bowl of Beef Stew (was delicious) - ended up not eating dinner until 9pm

So it goes without saying that I have been drinking filtered water (10+ glasses each day)

I think, overall, this weekend was a success. I plan to make next weekend more active.

Saw the previews for the next Star Trek movie - SO GOING WEEKEND FOLLOWING THE NEXT. It's going to be awesome.

It's already the evening before dinner on Monday - I have chicken baking in the oven. Been a good day so far...I will be weighing myself tomorrow morning (Tuesday)...Don't see a big difference so probably not much. We'll see.

Karapn is offline Member
    Today is Tuesday - my weigh-in check.

I LOST 5 POUNDS!

Okay - time to get over myself. I ate quite heavy lunches and dinners last week to help me get over the no wine hump and the no grains, beans, dairy (although allergic always seemed to have yogurt and cheese before). Had increased my activity a smidge.

So to start this new week - I figured out how to put in a signature of my weight loss goal tracking (though now I have to remember to update it) and I will begin making the meals a little smaller and increase my activity. If I find that I'm hungry with the increased activity I will increase my meals as needed.

Yesterday:
    B: Strawberry Protein smoothie
    2 Coffee's*
    L: salad w/chicken mixed w/mayo (olive oil & red wine v) - pumpkin seeds and I added beets from a can (this was so tasty but I experienced some intestinal/abdominal swelling soon after. Not sure - I will keep an eye on this as I plan to add to my lunches at work this week)
    Snack: sm handful of almonds
    D: Apple & Veggie Smoothie from (that place I cannot think of...I keep calling it Papaya's which I think was the place when I lived in New York that served Smoothie's/Juice/Hot Dogs ...(To note: It is made w/banana and I am trying not to have this very sweet fruit often) - 6pm (out with my kids) - yes we all got one, though they didn't pick a veggie one - strange children.
    Roasted Chicken & Broccoli later on that night - 9pm

I have to say I thought about wine a couple times on the way home from work, which is why I quickly took my kids out with me & we went to get smoothies to sip on. Really helped me stay focused.

*this will forever be 2 (1/2 Tbsp) of sugar-free non-dairy powdered mocha coffee creamer when placed next to coffee - will ween myself...I promise.

Second week is apparently - Orange
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-07-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: clarification needed

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    So yesterday was a success. I decided, since I was having to go to the BR so much (all that water), that I'd use that time to get in some exercise. So every time I did 5 counter push-ups and when I could get away with it ... 5 assisted squats (in 3" heels, but what can you do). I actually accumulated during work 30 push-ups and 20 squats ... not bad. Wasn't really an effort, but all together would have killed me at this point. :/

For today I've already done 10/10 (in the breakroom since nobody was here yet I took my shoes off).

Okay back to yesterday:

B: Protein Fruit Smoothie (almond milk, powder, 3 frozen strawberries and splash of coconut water)
    2 coffee's*
    L: Smaller Salad (added the beets - olive oil & red wine vinegar - sprinkle of pumpkin seeds) and chicken
    Snack: around 4:30 (not sure I was even hungry) I finished off the roasted almonds I had left (handful)
    D: Ate at 9pm - Don't have a name for what I made up, but it was sooooo tasty - chicken, carrot, onion, mushroom, kale (I'll put down what I did at the end)

Had an enjoyable evening - did not want wine (yeah)

My hubby is away these five work days and I'm getting better restive sleep. Wish it could be this way when he's here.

Okay so what I made up for dinner: Had 2 chicken breast (on bone) and 2 legs. Browned skin side down in a Dutch Oven on Med-High using olive oil. sprinkled bottom with a little salt & white pepper. When it had browned I flipped over and sprinkled on a little salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, sage & parsley - then topped with a chunky chopped carrot, 1/2 yellow onion, handful of sliced bella mushrooms & large handful of a Kale & Chard mix) - (had the oven preheated to 350). Left it on the stove top until the bottom started to brown then covered and put into the oven for 1 hr 15 min (I checked after 45 but It had created the wonderful broth that the chicken was poaching in and I could tell that it would be better if I waited another 30 min with the lid on. After that I pulled the Dutch Oven out and moved the veggies to the sides of the meat to expose the softened skin and put it back in (uncovered) to allow to brown & reduce the broth. I think I took it out after 30 minutes checking on the 15. It was so delicious, light and the chicken was so tender & juicy. This is probably a method of cooking - I just don't know what it's called.

Feelin' kinda cool
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-08-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: color was too light to read well

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast