Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primal Journal (Karapn) page 4

Karapn is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Busy busy - didn't get a chance yesterday and not much time right now (I'm at work). I'm alive, doing fine and will post again in detail tomorrow.

Kara - out

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    Lets see - I gained 2 pounds :/ My fault. Over the past two weeks I've had wine and made some bad choices, but really only gained it in the first week and maintained in the second. So I guess the good choices were helping me, too.

Yesterday:
    B- skipped
    L- salad w/tuna (EVOO & Vinegar)
    Snack: handful of green olives
    D - 1/2 Cornish Game Hen (Roasted - used salt, pepper & thyme) & saute of Green Beans, Red Onion & Mushrooms in butter (salt, pepper)
    Drank red wine
    Bad choice (had munchies) - small amount of plain chex-mix tossed w/Coconut Sugar (after I finished this I decided I needed to eat another healthy meal to get over the sweet-salty craving.
    Late evening add'l meal: (leftover) chicken w/veggies (this ended up helping immensely.

No exercise yesterday.

Note I bought myself a new car on Sunday. Love it.

Today I have done 10/10 so far.

Karapn is offline Member

Wink Short-term plan - day 1

I'm back on the healthy bandwagon - see wine is trouble for me. Right now I'm not weighing myself - because basically I forgot before eating breakfast. Today is day 1.

I am on a short-term plan to get me to my New Patient doctor's appt 10/25. I need to get as healthy as I can by that time. I kept trying to get healthy first and therefore procrastinated on the doctors thing for oh....lets see...most likely 6 years. Not good. My son was getting concerned so I decided yesterday when I woke up to just call from work and get an appt. That way it would force me to atleast do something. My way wasn't working. Luckily because I made this appt. I was able to setup one in two weeks with a nurse practitioner for my Dermatologist referral (which I had said I wanted in my first checkup w/the doctor). I'm a little concerned about BB or something being high when I go in 2 weeks, but hopefully it will work out. That's when I will find out my weight and then I will see and they will see if I have any changes from then to Oct 25th.

I have my plan on the refrigeration and will X off each end of day that I followed my plan. Not sure how much I will track on here because I don't want to add too many components right now.

I have started my first day ON plan with:

Homemade Primal Energy Bar

Hot Decaffinated Black Tea w/raw honey
    Smoothie (Almond Milk, blueberries & mango, coconut oil & sugar, whey protein)

Now I need to go and do some floor exercises while watching a TV show...

Karapn is offline Member
    Just wanted to pop in and say - Day 3 and doing well.

Karapn is offline Member
    Day 7 and lookin' good. Think I'll peak at the scale tomorrow a.m.

Karapn is offline Member
    Day 13 and doing good. Did peak at the scale the a.m. of the 8th day and was disgusted to see that my weight appeared to be 195, but I felt a lot better and less swollen so decided to be content. For a week now my need for Zantac is down to 1 pill (150mg) before bed. No problem with acid or severe heartburn and no center chest pain (btwn breasts).

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Karapn, interesting journal. I also loooooove my red wine and trying to cut out completely. I think it has stalled my weight loss after only 8 pounds. Your journal is enthusing me to give uo el vino collapso. Good luck, it sounds like you are doing really well.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Karapn is offline Member
    Wells thanks so mush Kikiperpie - It was real nice to see a post when I popped on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Hi Karapn, interesting journal. I also loooooove my red wine and trying to cut out completely. I think it has stalled my weight loss after only 8 pounds. Your journal is enthusing me to give uo el vino collapso. Good luck, it sounds like you are doing really well.

Karapn is offline Member
    Popping in - day 69 and still doing good. I was able to give up Zantac nightly on 8/19. Now I have occasional heartburn (like I have my whole life, but no acid reflux and can sleep through the night. I am actually now back to 188 - This has been pretty slow with weight loss, but I think the internal healing is most important. I would have liked to be, atleast, in the 170's by my doctor appt 10/25, but that's just not going to happen. Feeling good.

Karapn is offline Member
    Well - I don't know what day it is, but I went to the appt. 10/25. It was a new patient appt so not much was accomplished except to see that my bloodpressure was high. My Dr. ordered all sorts of lab stuff that I would need to fast before. We setup the next appt for soonest available 12/14. In the interum, she also referred me for my first Mammogram. I've had a core biopsy which was some pre-cancerous something (not cancer they kept stressing, but extremely high risk). The recommended an MRI (of both) to make sure nothing was missed (highly dense, apparently). This is coming up tomorrow. They've schedule a surgical biopsy which was also recommended to remove the original site area & surrounding tissues. I'm hoping if anything comes up with the MRI they will combine.

My 12/14 appt. was good. The only things of concern was extremely low Vitamin D (she gave me a prescription) and high bloodpressure (but she said that the lower number was high but not that high). She gave me the lowest dosage to start and told me that with continuing a Paleo diet and getting the weight down - she believes things will heal themselves. I'm scheduled to checkback in 3 months to see how things are going. She is willing, if my body is receptive, to taking the medicine away (as a trial) once weight is down. B-12 needs to come up slightly - so a multi-vit was recommened.

That's it - I still haven't lost any more weight. although I hate to do it because I get so hungry - I am going to try to eat less at my evening meals.

Looking forward to serving all kinds of wonderful, tasty Paleo friendly dishes and I'm sure my extended family will love it. To be kind to them, though, I will serve rolls, but I won't be eating them.

Until next time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234