Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Karapn) page 3

Karapn is offline Member

Talking

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    T.G.I.F!!!! Love Friday's when I get off at 2pm from work. Makes the weekend so much better

YESTERDAY

skipped breakfast
    L: Green salad w/Chicken (olive oil, vinegar & lemon) sprinkled w/Pumpkin Seeds
    S: Almonds
    D: Stir-fry (Chicken, brussel sprouts, okra, carrot, tomato) used Chicken bone broth, Coconut Aminos, garlic, pepper)
    Late coffee because... (even though I shouldn't have)

I was watching the AI-12 finale for the surprise duet of Angie Miller & Adam Lambert (which turned out to be a cover of Titanium) - It was really gorgeous. If you didn't see it I would recommend watching the official video.
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-18-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    Forgot my exercise - Keeping in mind the squats are harder now & everything is sore and ... 30 /30 (10 /10 x3) AND I didn't do the laundry lastnight. Shame on me.

Karapn is offline Member
    Enjoying my Saturday morning with a cup of coffee. My girl is gone until tomorrow morning and it feels a little lonely.

Yesterday
    Skipped breakfast (not hungry)
    Snack: handful of pumpkin seeds (around 1:30p)
    L: Chicken thighs (3 pm)
    D: Chicken Stir-fry (bacon, onion, okra, tomatoe & broccoli) - Coconut Aminos, pepper (7:30p)

I accomplished 30/30. Very sore. Will try to make up for it this weekend. I also walked my daughter to her friends and back rather than take the car (probably turned out to only be 30 minutes or less combined). I wore flip flops on the way and I was feeling strain in my shins. On the way back (1/2 way) I removed the shoes and walked barefooted. So much better. No shin strain and tried to focus on not hitting on the heal. Felt pretty good even though it was cement. I also purchased barefoot shoes for myself and barefooted running shoes for my daughter (since they need to look more like PE class shoes when she wears to school). We should get them Monday.

Re-Watched the 1st Star Trek movie with my kids since we're seeing the 2nd one Sunday (have our tickets!) and since my girl hadn't seen it, yet. SHE LOVED IT... I knew she would.

Put the Chicken bone Broth I made earlier back into the crock and turning into a Chicken Veggie soup/stew (depending on how much it is reduced).

Off to enjoy my Saturday.

Karapn is offline Member
    STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS ... WAS..... AWESOME!!!!

Okay, now that I've gotten that out... I had a full day so didn't get a chance to log my food for yesterday this morning like I usually do ... so I've finished my day for today.

Yesterday
    Snack: Macadamia nuts
    Visited one of the local farmer's markets and got some great looking veggies, some meat and eggs. Really enjoyed the outdoor shopping experience.
    L: Apple & Greens Smoothie w/Protein Boost(shared with my sister who drank most)
    D: Pork, bacon, onion & cabbage (steamed)

I'll talk about today tomorrow morning. I'm tired now. Later.

Karapn is offline Member
    Happy Monday. Having a good day today. Feeling a little lethargic, though, so not going to type much. At least that's my plan starting out.

Yesterday
    skipped breakfast
    Had a Starbucks Americano (no dairy) while I waited for Star Trek to start (was saving space for the rest of my group).
    (wasn't tempted by the popcorn)
    L: 3:30p (starving) heated up leftovers from lastnight Pork & Cabbage dish - didn't have enough protein in it so had a handful of Macadamia nuts.
    D: Turkey stir-fry (egg, kale, onion, bacon) - Coconut Aminos & pepper only (8pm)
    Late night coffee*

Did all my folding 4 loads beginning at 8:30pm (should have brought the table in, but wanted to sit) - Since I'm lethargic today it's possible that I was starting to lose energy lastnight. I also felt bloated this morning. Since tomorrow (Tuesday) is my weight day (and I'm going to take measurements) ... I sure hope I feel better & the bloating is gone.

I just did a short walk yesterday. Just signed for my new barefooted shoes at work today. I sure hope they fit.

Karapn is offline Member
    Today is my weigh-in day and I've lost 3 more pounds - giving me a total of 11. Yeah! I'm sure it will slow down, but very exciting for the moment. As to measurements tracking I've only measured the main three locations and I've lost a combined total of 4.5 inches (2.5-1-1) - not bad.

My morning is going fine - skipped breakfast because I wasn't hungry. (BM sorta this a.m.) :/

Yesterday
    B: Protein Smoothie (strawberry, Almond Milk & egg)
    L: Salad w/Tuna (olive oil & lemon) w/Macadamia & Pumpkin Seeds sprinkled in
    Snack: some Macadamia Nuts
    D: leftovers from lastnight (turkey & Kale), added whole okra (chili sauce & ginger) - yum
    "Smooth Move" hot tea in evening (hope it helps)

As to exercise I found it harder to do the squats after not doing them for 2 days. But... I accomplished 30/30 (squat/pushups) at (10 / 10 x3). Felt kind of lazy about it but the entire day I was lethargic so I figure I was listening to my body.

So TODAY I woke at my first alarm alert and ready to go. Looking forward to a very nice enjoyable Tuesday.

btw: My shoes arrived yesterday & I had ordered the wrong size by mistake - have to send them back kind of sad. They felt really good too but just too big.

Karapn is offline Member
    Good morning. Happy Wednesday. I woke before my first alarm today and got up bright and chipper (even though hubby was snoring beside me). He definitely woke me once last night when he came into the room. The door apparently really squeaks. My thought as he slowly opened the door trying not to wake me was... we need to get that fixed...SOON. Went right back to sleep and slept the rest of the night. That was real nice. Hope this continues to get better.

I'm not even at work right now - been up so long

So Yesterday
    B: skipped
    Coffee*
    L: Salad w/Tuna (Olive Oil, Lemon & Red Wine Vinegar) 6 almonds
    Snack: some almonds
    D: (leftovers) Turkey w/veg stir-fry (the rest of the family had Papa Murphy's pizza - I enjoyed the smell of it baking without wanting any which was nice, plus I quickly made sure to eat a large dinner in prep)

I accomplished 30 /30 (10 /10 x 3) - not that great, but something. Further BM, but not much.

Kara out -

Karapn is offline Member

Thumbs up

So today is Thursday - really enjoyed going to my daughters Open House for all the Science Projects (6th-8th grade). Very interesting.

Yesterday
    coffee*
    L: Salad w/Tuna (olive Oil, lemon, vingegar) pumpkin seeds
    D: Pork Chops & sauteed veggies (salt, pepper, butter & garlic) - *green beans, onion, mushroom, tomato & pine-nuts (*I think I'm not supposed to eat but I didn't have much and it was fresh & delicious) - 8pm
    Late Coffee*

I accomplished 30 /30 (10/set). Not much.

Off to work.

(edit) after I posted I did a search and found the following thread which says I can eat the Green Beans, etc. - interesting read
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4825.html
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-23-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Karapn is offline Member
    Well I drank wine lastnight. :/ Atleast, it was good quality. I didn't eat any 'bad' food, though, I found myself hungry a couple hours after dinner and made another healthy dinner. Drank lots of extra water & took something for a headache around 3am - Strangely enough I discovered that I may not need to take any heartburn medicine before bed anymore. I will try tonight allowing the initial feeling of heartburn to pass (if it will when I lay down) and attempt to not take it anymore OR if I still need it (perhaps lower the dosage the next time I buy). My Friday is going fine. Looking forward to getting off at 2pm today and really looking forward to babysitting my Great-Nephew Aiden (who is 5 weeks old) ALL weekend. Will be taking him to visit my Dad tomorrow with my daughter.

Yesterday
    Coffee*
    L: Salad w/Tuna (olive oil, lemon) pumpkin seeds
    D: leftover from lastnight (Pork Chop & mixed veggies)
    Drank Red Wine
    Additional Meal: Chicken, Broccoli, Cauliflower, celery, carrot, onion (saute) - 9:30pm

Accomplished 30 /30

Karapn is offline Member
    Wow - I had such a full three days and nights that I don't know if I can remember much. Friday night to Monday night babysitting a 5 week old infant is soooooooo exhausting and fun .

So - I had a lot of sodium over this weekend and I'm hoping I will get rid of the water gain quickly. No weight loss on the scale this morning, but I'm not surprised. I'll check tomorrow just to see if there is a change, but I didn't drink enough water, got no sleep and had to make some choices on food that were not the best. Hopefully I can make it up this week.

I'm too tired to even try to remember what I ate over these four days (Friday - Monday), but I'll try.

Friday:
    skipped bkfst
    *coffee
    L: salad w/Chicken (EVOO & lemon)
    snack: Almonds
    D: BBQ ribs (tried to wipe off as much as I could, but was starving & ate like 8 ribs) & zucchini & onion saute
    *coffee
    20/20 (sad :/)

Saturday:
    bfst: 2 leftover ribs
    *coffee
    L: Low-carb six dollar burger (plain) from Carls Junior (I was driving two hrs & needed something I could hold - was supposed to be no cheese but they put it on - I pulled smeared as much off, but couldn't get it all) - It was terrible
    D: Steak & Zuccini
    *coffee

Took a 45 minute barefooted walk - was very nice

Sunday:
    B: 3 oz of leftover steak
    *coffee
    L: 3 oz of leftover steak (3pm)
    D: 2 baked chicken thighs
    *coffee

Monday:
    B: 1 baked chicken thigh
    *coffee
    L: beef jerky (not homemade)
    Snack: more jerky (no food) :/
    D: my husband picked-up chinese food instead of the cooked meal he was going to do and brought wine home.
    Had 1-1/2 glasses & poored the rest out, but realized I was in trouble for the food because I needed something - ate some of the broccoli Beef
    *coffee
    5:30pm - little Aiden was finally picked up

Can you say Zombie?

So it's Tuesday - I'm at work and I've had 4 cups of coffee & I'm afraid to eat my salad because I am already completely exhausted. I did sleep 8 hours last night (waking only twice).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast