Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Karapn) page 2

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congrats on the 5lbs-- looks like you are off to a great start.

I am looking forward to both Iron Man 3 (hopefully this weekend?) and I treat the release of the new Star Trek movie as a Major Event. Can't wait! I agree that the diet soda is better than giving into buttered popcorn. I had been low carb before going officially paleo and went to a presentation about it. Of course, I had bought a giant diet coke before the session. whoops!
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Karapn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin.Patti View Post
    Congrats on the 5lbs-- looks like you are off to a great start.

I am looking forward to both Iron Man 3 (hopefully this weekend?) and I treat the release of the new Star Trek movie as a Major Event. Can't wait! I agree that the diet soda is better than giving into buttered popcorn. I had been low carb before going officially paleo and went to a presentation about it. Of course, I had bought a giant diet coke before the session. whoops!
    Thank you so much Erin (or is it Patti)? And a huge congrats to you on your 5+ pound loss. You are so going to love Iron Man 3. I feel the same about Star Trek - the preview finished and I immediately announced that I was willing to be the one that sat for hours in line to save seats for everyone. When I as younger I used to love doing over night waiting in line 'events'. I always met such cool people.

-Kara

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    Yesterday was another successful day. Yeah! I sure hope I get to say that for the majority of my future.

It turns out that I was the only one in the office yesterday so I took my shoes off & slipped on a pair of socks and enjoyed my day.

BR exercises during work: 50 assisted pushups / 50 assisted squats (10 / 10 x 5) - It felt really good.

Food:
    B: Veggie Fruit Protein Smoothie (strawberry - 3)
    (skipped lunch because I wasn't hungry)
    Snack: Handful of shelled pumpkin seeds - 4:30 pm
    D: leftover Chicken & veg from lastnight) - 6:30 pm

I slept so well lastnight ... I miss my husband when he's gone, but I really enjoy getting to really sleep. I swear that sometimes I wish it was still the 'thing' to have your own rooms. I mean, everyone does deserve their own space and privacy. But... I foresee a lot of problems with that situation

Anyway - It's Thursday morning and I've done 10/10 before everyone gets here. I'm actually hoping I get another day alone. It was kind of nice yesterday.

I figured out some other stuff about the forum late yesterday. Like you have to put your picture in two places - one for your profile and one as your avatar if you want your picture to show next to your posts. I also created a group (for fun) - probably nobody will join, but the only other one I found that had anything to do with Sac hadn't had a post since early in '12. So I don't think that's active anymore.

So...off to a good start OH, just remembered something. When I was younger the heath bars would put an egg in your protein shakes. I never had a problem and I had them all the time. So I put an egg in my breakfast smoothie this morning to pump up the protein. Bad? :/

Karapn is offline Member
    Another good day yesterday and today is FRIDAY!!!!! Actually this is a potentially challenging weekend, but I feel like I am going to do just fine. We have my daughter's 12th birthday party w/family that I'm going to need to feed lunch & most likely dinner (I'm hoping not dinner) and some kids sleeping over. Then Sunday is Mothers Day. It will probably be at my mom's where I have no control over the food so will have to plan ahead. Perhaps bring something for everyone that I know I can eat. But it should be fun.

So far today I've done 10 AP/10 AS (barefooted - it really is nice arriving before everyone)

Yesterday:
    B: Fruit Protein Smoothie (3 Strawberries frozen)
    2 coffees*
    (skipped lunch again)
    Snack: Handful of pumpkin seeds (4:30pm)
    D: Chicken (didn't even feel like adding anything else - I told myself I was out hunting and only caught a chicken lol)

I accomplished 50 assisted pushups (AP) and 50 assisted squats (AS) throughout the day (10 / 10 x 5)

Decided I needed to have some help going to the BR (it had been 3 days) so I had a nice cup of hot tea geared for that assistance. *thumps-up*

Get off at 2pm today (like every Friday) and going to have shop, clean & cook before the party tomorrow. Wish me luck

Karapn is offline Member
    Good morning. So ... hubby back and he woke me around 3am when he came into the room, then he turned the lights on to make it easier to completely wake... then he got into bed & started snoring ... too me about 30 minutes to finally accept he had woken me and got my mind worrying about the day to come & preparing for my daughters party. So I had to do my normal routine of turning on my kindle & reading (I think I did this for an hour) and then went back to sleep after some periodic big movements from hubby that kept waking me back up. Slept in until 8.

So yesterday:
    B: Veggie Protein Smoothie (with about 8 frozen blueberries thrown in)
    2 coffee's (only 1/2 Tbsp of the SF powdered Mocha non-dairy creamer) - getting better
    L: Bowl of Homemade Beef Veggie Soup/Stew* (4pm)
    D: another (6:30pm)
    1 SF Mocha Capaccino (non-diary) late in evening (should have had tea)

I got off early today (2pm) and managed at work 40/40 (10 /10 x 4).

*So the Soup Stew started from making homemade broth with meat bones in a crockpot for days (Removed the bones for my dog, removed the veggies & some broth to blend them & put them back in - cooling then scraping the hardened fat - I didn't take it all since the fat is supposed to be good for us ...yes?) then put it back on for the next stage to reduce with seasoning I like, more veggies for the day on low. When I came home this afternoon I added some fresh meat (browned) and chopped up kale) and let it continue for a couple more hours for dinner (I removed a bowl for a late lunch before all the kale was perfect, but it was soooo delicious. Like the best broth ever... )

Karapn is offline Member
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MAMA'S OF THE WORLD.

Going to see The Great Gatsby with my family and then over to my Mom's. Should be very nice.

Yesterday I had a lot to get ready for and I think that affected my appetite. I wasn't very hungry.

2 coffee's *
    L: Grilled Chicken Salad (olive oil & Balsamic) added some green olives & pine nuts (3pm)
    D: Small bowl of leftover Beef Soup/Stew (still delicious)
    Evening coffee (should have been tea)

I can't say I really got any exercise, but I was standing and walking around most of the day barefooted.

Off to continue my Sunday (the house is still asleep) ...

Karapn is offline Member
    Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day (even if you weren't a Mom). As to The Great Gatsby - I don't recommend it. It was okay - I didn't hate it. The men made the comment that they 'felt like they lost 2 hours of their day'. It's just a watch only once type of movie and those are not ones you recommend to someone. Wait until you can see it cheaper. Just my opinion. (Not like anyone's reading this, but just in case).

Back at work today and have done 10 Assisted Pushups /20 Assisted Squats (barefoot) - Not hungry this morning so decided to skip breakfast.

Yesterday: (1d of P) not hungry so skipped breakfast
    Snack: 1 hard-boiled egg (12:30pm) - when we arrived at my Mom's following the movie
    Lunch/Dinner: (didn't have much choice & forgot to bring anything) 2 grilled beef patties wrapped in lettuce w/avocado & tomato and I guess I was starving & ate too fast because when I was done (they were small but still...) I ate one of the Hebrew National dogs (bunless of course). (4:45pm)
    1 hot tea later that night

As to exercise - I really didn't do anything. I tried to stay standing for most of the time (as a sort of not sitting exercise) and I did do 20 assisted squats while standing behind something sitting at the table. I played it like a joke but I was serious.

Off to continue my day. (code: 2d of P) :/
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-13-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: clarification needed

Karapn is offline Member
    Happy Tuesday - It's my daughters 12th birthday today. Feelin' a little old emotionally, but energized in every other way so I'm sure I'll get over it .

Weighed myself this morning. Two weeks completed and I lost 8 pounds combined. I am not complaining. That's exciting. Especially as this is 3d of P. :/

Yesterday I was able to accomplish 60 AS / 40 APu Could and should have done more but I was feeling lazy. Wasn't hungry in the morning so skipped breakfast.

L: green salad w/baby shrimp (olive oil & lemon) with a little mayo mixed w/the shrimp (sprinkle of pumpkin seeds)
    Snack: handful of almonds
    D: Chicken, tomato & brussel sprouts saute (I tried Coconut Aminos for the first time - I liked it - didn't miss soy sauce, at all and had been missing stir-fry since I was avoiding soy sauce)
    Late night coffee again (I don't like this habit - need to change)

Overall, a very successful day.

Now to continue the beginning of my 3rd week being Primal.

Karapn is offline Member
    We finished up my daughters birthday with me taking her out to the salon for a mani-pedi ...boy was she surprised. Then came home to my hubby having purchased Chinese food since it's one of her favorites. I really quickly put a stirfry of my own together using the Coconut Aminos and my daughter actually had three bites of mine and said it was really good and flavorful. It did hit the spot & I wasn't tempted to eat their food.

I was only wearing 1" heels yesterday (instead of three)...I found I walked better & was quicker. I accomplished 70 AS (Assisted Squats)/ 50 APu (Assisted Pushups - counter) - I was doing 20 each time until I finally could only do 10. I can definately feel myself getting stronger.

B: Skipped
    2 coffees*
    L: Shrimp (w/mayo) green salad (Olive Oil & Lemon) pumpkin seeds
    S: handful of Almonds (4:30pm)
    D: Chicken Stir-fry (Brussel Sprouts, Mushroom, Tomatoe, Kale) w/Coconut Aminos, garlic, salt & pepper (oh & I used a little of the chicken bone broth I've been cooking in the crockpot for the past 36 hours) - 8:45pm

I read the post yesterday for the site on proper squating technique. - I had no idea I was supposed to spread my knees out. So tried it this morning (happy Wednesday).

I was able to get my butt closer to my heels with the moving the knees out but (ofcourse) it was a lot harder. thank god the 'fake' stuff I've been doing had been strengening me & loosening stuff up. I was able to do 15 (AS) and 20 (APu). I perhaps could have done the full 20 on the squats but...

Off to continue my day (4d of P)
    <3 ing how I feel

Karapn is offline Member

Thumbs up

Happy Thursday. So this morning I went to do the 'proper' squats figuring I would be able to do the 15 I was doing yesterday and had to stop at 10. Works out a lot more muscles that way

Yesterday
    So I skipped breakfast again today because I just wasn't hungry
    3 coffees*
    I ended up skipping lunch today, too. I had a moment where my stomach was growling but I was in the middle of something and then it went away.
    Snack: handful of almonds (4pm)
    D: Salad topped with Pork/Beef patty, fried egg, 2 slices of bacon, sliced avocado (drizzled with olive oil & lemon)

Dinner was Soooo good (my family had theirs on buns because they are so not willing to give up anything...yet) I seasoned the patty w/Coconut Aminos, salt, pepper & garlic binded w/egg - they claimed it was the best burger they've ever had and I will be hard-pressed to top it. My kids like their eggs over-hard but my hubby wanted over-med. Said he had the same burger in Oregon last week but it was bigger (too much) and mine tasted better Got to love that!

Exercise
    So again I corrected my squats based on the article yesterday with the spreading of the knees wide when coming down and the tightening of the butt in the standing position. BOY is that tougher, but feels good. I'm glad I had the warm-up to these because I think I would have had some serious problems doing them correctly at the beginning. So I accomplished yesterday 45 squats (unassisted) and 30 counter assisted pushups (15 /10 x 3) I'm noting that I must be visting the bathroom less often. Or those squats wore me out lol. I'll try to increase 'tomorrow'.

BACK TO TODAY

My goal today is to do more sets even if I have to pretend I have to go to the bathroom to go sneak off and do them. I have laundry to do tonight. I'm going to bring in this long table stored in the garage and put it in front of the tv and stand and fold all the laundry (keeping my core tight). Plan on watching the Season Finale Results Show of American Idol tonight as ADAM LAMBERT is to perform a 'secret' duet with 3rd runner-up ANGIE MILLER ... really looking forward to that.

I am finding myself still not regular (this has been a problem for me for as long as I can remember - my mom says when I was very small I was so I'm thinking it was probably due to all the food I was given to eat that my body couldn't metabolize properly. I also remember knowing what heartburn felt like at like age 12.) Going to have another tea tonight to help me out "Smooth Move" is what it's called and it works.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast