Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming across CW that makes you think WHAT!?

Hybrid View

Coming across CW that makes you think WHAT!?

Not really venturing outside the Primal community has made me forget how differently other people think...
    Waiting for my friend, I happened to flip through a women's magazine on her table, Women's Health or Shape or something, and it literally said that it was better to EAT A DONUT than to skip breakfast because that will of course wreck your metabolism. With a glass of lowfat milk, of course.
    I...what....
    [Image - 126314] | I Don't Want to Live on This Planet Anymore | Know Your Meme

That's great. =P Check out this thread, it's a goody. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread772.html

Refined sugars are so good for humans. Grok loved his donuts! Have you ever tried to milk a low-fat cow? Cagey little bastards.

When I was growing up, CW was that sugar was good because we need extra calories. This was supported by research that came out of Harvard, funded by sugar companies.

Always follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Always follow the money.
    Exactly-I thought to myself, "Now, who would want them to tell readers to eat breakfast?" Right, probably Special K, who dominates half their advertising and makes all their money off telling women that eating their cereal every morning will magically make them lose weight...

Quote Originally Posted by purple579 View Post
    Exactly-I thought to myself, "Now, who would want them to tell readers to eat breakfast?" Right, probably Special K, who dominates half their advertising and makes all their money off telling women that eating their cereal every morning will magically make them lose weight...
    The Special K adverts make me crazily angry - I can't watch them! It feels like everything that is wrong with CW. Not only are they advocated stuffing sugar down your face for two thirds of the day in order to be thin, they also trick people with their serving sizes (like every other cereal out there does). It's pandering to the people who think low-calorie = healthy and sometimes I feel like there is no getting through to these folks, even when what they try repeatedly fails for them, they still keep going back to that same old weird tactic of self-deprivation.

Quote Originally Posted by becks83 View Post
    The Special K adverts make me crazily angry - I can't watch them! It feels like everything that is wrong with CW. Not only are they advocated stuffing sugar down your face for two thirds of the day in order to be thin, they also trick people with their serving sizes (like every other cereal out there does). It's pandering to the people who think low-calorie = healthy and sometimes I feel like there is no getting through to these folks, even when what they try repeatedly fails for them, they still keep going back to that same old weird tactic of self-deprivation.
    That's my mother. The last third of her life she seems to have been on a dietary transition to eating almost entirely cereal and skim milk. Even when I was cooking for her, pots of meat and vegetables braised in healthy fat, she would nibble on supper and claim she couldn't eat any more, but in the 3 hours until bedtime she would eat bowls of cereal at least twice. Like, if only she could get even more fiber, that would suddenly fix everything.

Special K are making a new higher protein cereal - guess what kind of protein? Special KŪ Protein Cereal | Special KŪ Cereals

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    That's my mother. The last third of her life she seems to have been on a dietary transition to eating almost entirely cereal and skim milk. Even when I was cooking for her, pots of meat and vegetables braised in healthy fat, she would nibble on supper and claim she couldn't eat any more, but in the 3 hours until bedtime she would eat bowls of cereal at least twice. Like, if only she could get even more fiber, that would suddenly fix everything.
    I'm wary of preaching my way of eating to anyone but I really struggle to button my lip as I'm surrounded by women like this at work. They are the type that spend a week nibbling Special K bars, Snack-a-Jacks and Muller Light yoghurts with the odd celery stick thrown in and then moan all day that they're hungry, need chocolate, need chips. Once you re-learn everything in the way that we do here, you look back at what you used to believe to be true and wonder why you never questioned it earlier! Probably because of all the marketing scams out there designed to keep people fat, sugar-addicted and ill....