Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming across CW that makes you think WHAT!? page

purple579 is offline Member

Coming across CW that makes you think WHAT!?

Shop Now
    Not really venturing outside the Primal community has made me forget how differently other people think...
    Waiting for my friend, I happened to flip through a women's magazine on her table, Women's Health or Shape or something, and it literally said that it was better to EAT A DONUT than to skip breakfast because that will of course wreck your metabolism. With a glass of lowfat milk, of course.
    I...what....
    [Image - 126314] | I Don't Want to Live on This Planet Anymore | Know Your Meme

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    That's great. =P Check out this thread, it's a goody. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread772.html

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Refined sugars are so good for humans. Grok loved his donuts! Have you ever tried to milk a low-fat cow? Cagey little bastards.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    When I was growing up, CW was that sugar was good because we need extra calories. This was supported by research that came out of Harvard, funded by sugar companies.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Always follow the money.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Those magazines are absolute trash and indeed just all about profits linked to pushing the newest fad trend low fat diet products; both Shape and Women's health, still pushing low-fat this and that; I found this website because I had to go somewhere to laugh and complain about how they were pushing a high-carb diet and bashing low-carb diets... ugh. I think the magazine came up with the high carb diet themselves just to have some more content to publish.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I was at the dentist office yesterday, and the waiting room was chop full of these magazines. One was a 'healthy' recipe magazine, I flipped through it and literally all the recipes contained wheat flour.

I just don't get it, how can people lose weight while eating pizza and pasta?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I was at the dentist office yesterday, and the waiting room was chop full of these magazines. One was a 'healthy' recipe magazine, I flipped through it and literally all the recipes contained wheat flour.

Of course they'll lose weight, it's whole grain. Everybody who switches to whole grain loses all their excess weight and keeps it off, which is why there is no longer an obesity problem in this country.

No, wait...

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Check out the official AHA/ADA cookbook doctors give to new T2Ds. Every recipe calls for egg beaters, aerosol soybean oil, margarine, fat-free cheese, fat-free canned tuna, etc.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Yana is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I'll tell you how. By constantly feeling starving. Prior to going primal I was able to keep my weight down for over 20 years by eating CW "healthy". My only two states in relation to food were hungry and guilty. Never again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast