Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation page

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member

HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation

Shop Now

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    She keeps referring to "women" specifically. That's odd.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    The whole article sounds like opinions and not facts.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    First of all, almost every serious dieter out there has tried Atkins, which is based on ketosis. I bet her "successful" majority had done it as much as her fail group.

And intermittent fasting is so new to the diet scene that hardly any conventional dieters have even heard of it yet. It's hard to believe that any of them have been doing it for years.

I can believe that HCG and the diet required can screw a metabolism up. I think she's got that part right.

Zach is offline Banned
    The amount of successful dieters doing long term ketosis is less then a handful. Without refeeds, everyone will experience a metabolic slowdown and probably some fat gain. Its just how it is.

Hcg is just starvation.

IF is too broad of a term. Yes alternate day fasting with no calorie surplus on the feed days with lead to metabolic problems. A leangains approach certainly will not.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    First of all, almost every serious dieter out there has tried Atkins, which is based on ketosis. I bet her "successful" majority had done it as much as her fail group.

And intermittent fasting is so new to the diet scene that hardly any conventional dieters have even heard of it yet. It's hard to believe that any of them have been doing it for years.

I can believe that HCG and the diet required can screw a metabolism up. I think she's got that part right.
    Agree.

jackaaron is offline Member
    Zach, why do you think there are metabolic problems with Intermittent fasting?

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. Her thoughts on IF are very vague and not backed up with anything concrete, so I don't count it as a credible source of info. I've had great sucess with IF, and the emerging research about the health benefits of IF, are very promising. It also annoys me to no end when people assume that IF equals starvation, binge eating, constant cravings, being hungry all the time and obsessing about food. I feel the best I ever have in my life, since starting JUDDD/5:2/IF. Even those around me have commented on how my mood has changed-I have a much happier disposition now. I have a.much healthier relationship with food now and and give IF total credit for that. Drives me bonkers when someone equates IF to starving yourself
    *~Sara~*

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The amount of successful dieters doing long term ketosis is less then a handful. Without refeeds, everyone will experience a metabolic slowdown and probably some fat gain. Its just how it is.
    You are misreading what she wrote and what I wrote.

She does not counsel successful dieters of any sort. They have all failed at dieting. They have given up on dieting and gone to her in desperation.

Her "successful" group contains her clients who have readily moved from the dieting metabolism and mentality into a healthy way of eating.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaaron View Post
    Zach, why do you think there are metabolic problems with Intermittent fasting?
    I dont. Only if there is extreme calorie restriction at the same time. IF when done right seems to improve metabolism among other things.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast