Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation page 9

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I prefer to think of them as more of a holy trinity...since they for all intents and purposes cured my health woes entirely. I think it's fine to be addicted to sugar and not be able to miss a meal (as you recently stated you had trouble doing) since we live in a world where sugar is on tap, anyway. As long as you're okay with all the eventual negative health consequences, you can enjoy feeling amazing now for the trade-off of frailty and decay in old age. It's a personal choice. I'd rather feel amazing now on high-fat and keep feeling amazing into old age...

Warrior works fine for almost anybody on high-fat. Whether one meal or a few hours' eating time, it's not hard to get enough calories into you with high-fat food.
    Are you talking to me?

I can go a whole day easy with zero food and then eat 400g of carbs with zero energy issues, pretty sure my blood sugar regulation is ok.

Also im leaner and i would wager stronger then you are so yea, i think i will trade those eventual negative health consequences for great health now. Wernt you the one bloating like a balloon and aging rapidly? Why are you trying to diss someone who is in great health when what you are doing isnt even working for yourself.

Warrior and low carb is a recipe for disaster. Lets see how much stress we can pile on the body at once!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Are you talking to me?

I can go a whole day easy with zero food and then eat 400g of carbs with zero energy issues, pretty sure my blood sugar regulation is ok.

Also im leaner and i would wager stronger then you are so yea, i think i will trade those eventual negative health consequences for great health now. Wernt you the one bloating like a balloon and aging rapidly? Why are you trying to diss someone who is in great health when what you are doing isnt even working for yourself.

Warrior and low carb is a recipe for disaster. Lets see how much stress we can pile on the body at once!
    You're wrong there Zach. Or rather your blanket assertion doesn't fit my experience and that of a lot of others. The warrior diet is much easier, in fact it is just natural feeling, on low carb whereas on higher carb it is a serious exercise in willpower.

Knifegill is probably working a double shift or something but the time he was complaining about bloat and looking old was the time someone talked him into experimenting with higher carb. On what he calls "Steakanegzz", he is doing great.

It's nice that you have good blood sugar regulation now when you're young. It's easy to do when you are young and healthy.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You're wrong there Zach. Or rather your blanket assertion doesn't fit my experience and that of a lot of others. The warrior diet is much easier, in fact it is just natural feeling, on low carb whereas on higher carb it is a serious exercise in willpower.

Knifegill is probably working a double shift or something but the time he was complaining about bloat and looking old was the time someone talked him into experimenting with higher carb. On what he calls "Steakanegzz", he is doing great.

It's nice that you have good blood sugar regulation now when you're young. It's easy to do when you are young and healthy.
    In my experience and the experience of many others, it is a disaster. I think its much safer on high carb.

Also im 30, hardly young. I had horrible blood sugar regulation after a few years of low carb, close to diabetic. I bounced back from that greatly. So again, i was not naturally gifted in this regard.

We will never agree on any if this, no point in arguing.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I think it's funny that you're listening to the wrong "other people". I am an "other people" for whom very low carb and IF'ing feels amazing. But, you fail to even acknowledge my positive experience. I've done this for three years. It worked, kept working, and continues to work. Yeah, I DO rotate my macros and occasionally gorge on fruit, chocolate, etc, but not very often. Most days are fatty meat, fatty plant, some berries, the typical PB menu (- salad).

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Sorry but from what i have seen from you, i do not believe you are a healthy individual.

Paleobird Guest
    Sorry but from what i have seen from you, i do not believe you are a healthy individual.
    This coming from a guy who thinks pizza, candy, and sodas have a place in a healthy diet.

Zach, you are just being mean and snotty here. Knifegill has gone through some changes, done some n=1, and has found what works for him. What grounds do you possibly have for calling him "unhealthy" other than just pettiness?

Why does someone else being successful in a way that different from yours bug you so much?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I'm still losing weight, still doing VLC effortlessly when I do it, up to a week at a time, and more often than not. Still doing intermittent fasting of various sorts. Healthy before I started, healthier than ever.

Waiting for the fail.

Still waiting...

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This coming from a guy who thinks pizza, candy, and sodas have a place in a healthy diet.

Zach, you are just being mean and snotty here. Knifegill has gone through some changes, done some n=1, and has found what works for him. What grounds do you possibly have for calling him "unhealthy" other than just pettiness?

Why does someone else being successful in a way that different from yours bug you so much?
    Paleobird, i am beyond sick of you sticking your beak in other peoples business and being the defender of all things ketosis. It is my personal opinion that knifegill is unhealthy, purely based on posts of his own. Im entitled to my opinion and it has nothing to do with pettiness. If i wanted to be petty i could.

If you didnt notice (of course you did, you just chose to ignore it since im not your pal), he attacked me, unprovoked, weakly i might add without actually directing his post to me.

Paleobird Guest
    Paleobird, i am beyond sick of you sticking your beak in other peoples business and being the defender of all things ketosis. It is my personal opinion that knifegill is unhealthy, purely based on posts of his own. Im entitled to my opinion and it has nothing to do with pettiness. If i wanted to be petty i could.

If you didnt notice (of course you did, you just chose to ignore it since im not your pal), he attacked me, unprovoked, weakly i might add without actually directing his post to me.
    I'm not defending ketosis. I'm defending my friend.

And he never attacked you. He was only talking about his own positive experience. If that makes you so intimidated that you see it as an attack, wow, you really need some help with those paranoid tendencies.

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I'm still losing weight, still doing VLC effortlessly when I do it, up to a week at a time, and more often than not. Still doing intermittent fasting of various sorts. Healthy before I started, healthier than ever.

Waiting for the fail.

Still waiting...
    Me too. Still waiting. And feeling awesome.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast