Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 165

Thread: HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation page 6

  1. #51
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    She is a medical practitioner in neurofeedback. No, she's not an MD, so what? Her nutritional counseling is to help her neurologically challenged clients. And it works.

    At least she can read an anthropology textbook. You might try that sometime.
    Yay for neurologically challenged people. What does that have to do with evolution and ketosis which was the original question i responded to that you glossed over.

  2. #52
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yay for neurologically challenged people. What does that have to do with evolution and ketosis which was the original question i responded to that you glossed over.
    You were dissing her book because you said she was "only" a nutritional therapist. You were wrong about her. I corrected you. Not that tough to follow but perhaps the guy who thinks Cro Magnon were farmers might get confused.

    In this medical practitioner's very well written and researched book, she lays out the migratory patterns of early humans and the climatic conditions (all scientifically verified data points, not speculation) and clearly shows that the majority of our evolution as humans has taken place during severely cold weather conditions. Severely cold climate = not much plant life= mainly animal products diet.

    Did I go too fast for you?

  3. #53
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You were dissing her book because you said she was "only" a nutritional therapist. You were wrong about her. I corrected you. Not that tough to follow but perhaps the guy who thinks Cro Magnon were farmers might get confused.

    In this medical practitioner's very well written and researched book, she lays out the migratory patterns of early humans and the climatic conditions (all scientifically verified data points, not speculation) and clearly shows that the majority of our evolution as humans has taken place during severely cold weather conditions. Severely cold climate = not much plant life= mainly animal products diet.

    Did I go too fast for you?
    No, i was responding to MEversbergs question about evolution and ketosis. You brought up her book and i called her what she is and nowhere did i use the word "only". My comment about what does that have to do with MEversbergs question was in response to your reply that she deals with neurologically challenged people (you).

    Really not that hard, try to keep up.

    As for the majority of our evolution being in severely cold climates, thats just complete bull. Listen PB, i know your personality and facial features may suggest a hard life in the arctic but im quite certain not you or anyone else here has Inuit ancestry.

    Now what about the original question. Would these ancestors living in severely cold climates be in ketosis or would that not be possible without downing sticks of butter and lard?

  4. #54
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,081
    Quick question. Would not significant caloric deficit even in the presence of "excess" protein lead to a ketotic state? Seems likely to me. That may not have much to do with what is being discussed now, but there were some thoughts on harsh environments and the need for lots of fat to be ketotic.

    I've never tried measuring my ketone levels so I don't really have an N=1 to tell me what protein does at different levels when I'm LC.

  5. #55
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    There is a reason why people naturally gravitate towards warmer tropical climates. It's ideal for sustaining of all life. Have you forgotten there can be no life without the sun? Ketosis = darkness, stress, winter, opposite of the sun. You age terribly due to that fact(Jimmy Moore anyone?)

    Ketosis symbolizes starvation; the human body is resilient and does not want to die so easily, so it gives you all these neat tricks in order to keep you alive a little longer. It's not meant to be anything other than that though, and no one has ever proved otherwise. Random trials and abstracts that show the benefits of ketones does not prove the benefits of ketosis and until something shows me that beyond a shadow of a doubt ketosis is superior for longevity, beauty, cognition, I'll keep eating like a "hummingbird".
    nihil

  6. #56
    Omni's Avatar
    Omni is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    979
    If they're only eating one major meal per day, then fat metabolism is already activated,
    Even lean animals have quite a bit of fat if you eat the whole animal, marrow, brain, skin etc., which they most certainly did.
    If pickings are slim, plant wise, minimal fruits & tubers and they had to rely on edible vegetable matter, which is fermented in the lower intestine to short chain fatty acids.
    Then highly likely they would be in Ketosis even in a warm climate without the aid of butter or lard.

    Even though their overt intake may be lower in fat, this is compensated by the aditional fat derived from bacterial fermentation of vegetable fibres.
    This makes me wonder about mountain gorillas who ean mostly leaves and grass, which is low in sugar content anyway, do they experience ketosis.

  7. #57
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    You can be in ketosis without eating extra fats. You can be in ketosis with eating nothing at all.

  8. #58
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Being in ketosis means the body is using fats as a fuel source, be it dietary or body fat. So to answer the question, yes you can be in ketosis without downing sticks of butter and/or lard.

  9. #59
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    If they're only eating one major meal per day, then fat metabolism is already activated,
    Even lean animals have quite a bit of fat if you eat the whole animal, marrow, brain, skin etc., which they most certainly did.
    If pickings are slim, plant wise, minimal fruits & tubers and they had to rely on edible vegetable matter, which is fermented in the lower intestine to short chain fatty acids.
    Then highly likely they would be in Ketosis even in a warm climate without the aid of butter or lard.

    Even though their overt intake may be lower in fat, this is compensated by the aditional fat derived from bacterial fermentation of vegetable fibres.
    This makes me wonder about mountain gorillas who ean mostly leaves and grass, which is low in sugar content anyway, do they experience ketosis.
    High PUFA fat intake is a good way to make a stressful state even more stressful.
    nihil

  10. #60
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Being in ketosis means the body is using fats as a fuel source, be it dietary or body fat. So to answer the question, yes you can be in ketosis without downing sticks of butter and/or lard.
    I believe he meant nutritional ketosis, like longterm Inuit style. If your consuming your body or eating nothing, that is starvation and yes its similar to nutritional ketosis but i dont think exactly the same.

    Omni, what about PB's hero, "Bear" Owsley who was convinced that glycogen from fresh animals would knock you out of ketosis? Seems like almost all meat would have been eaten fresh, wonder what kind of carb load that would be.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •