Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation page 17

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've done all 3!

I think the problem is "dieting" not what they're doing. Dieting means they started and ended it once they reach a perceived goal weight then stopped and gained it back.

IF is my way of life. I don't consider it a diet. It's my new normal and I love it. I do incorporate refeeds once a week.
    I've also done a lot of reading about ketosis and the benefits of it. Here's a good podcast on it. This guy's main area of research is ketosis and he chooses to live in it. That says something:

#85 In a State of Ketosis with Dominic D

HCG is the reason I got as fat as I ever did. But that's definitely NOT a lifestyle change. It's a crash diet. IF and ketosis is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

*Oh and it is possible to recover from ruining your metabolism through HCG. I'm proof of that.*
    Last edited by eelnus; 01-21-2014 at 08:32 AM.

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Going for 16-18 hrs a day without food was a rather normal practice for humans throughout the history, where the heavy manual labor was not involved. Providing sedentary modern lifestyle (despite that tiny amount of structured workouts we squeeze in, I mean 1-2 hrs a day), IF rather than endless fueling up is more logical.

Unfortunately, knowing it doesn't make me more successful at it as a practice.
    I reinforce my IFing by simply not bringing things to work for lunch.

M.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I think that link's comments are more illustrative than that link itself.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617