Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation page 12

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Been gluten free for 3 days and I suddenly feel alive again. Like something just clicked and everything has been restored to me. It's amazing. Gluten is one of the 7 deadly sins.

Greed
    Gluten
    Lust
    Envy
    Sloth
    Wrath
    Pride
    Bahahahaha!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You've seen my pictures lately. Body comp is good. Mood is stable. Stools normal. My bloodwork always comes back great. I sleep like a stone and have tons of energy most days. I sprint, climb things, can drop and do a set of 30 push-ups easily, even when I'm tired. Clear thoughts. Stand all day with little discomfort. Very strong grip strength. Can eat a lot or a little as hunger dictates. As far as I can tell, my health is above average. Not sure why you think I seem unhealthy. I'm sure you also seem perfectly healthy.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You've seen my pictures lately. Body comp is good. Mood is stable. Stools normal. My bloodwork always comes back great. I sleep like a stone and have tons of energy most days. I sprint, climb things, can drop and do a set of 30 push-ups easily, even when I'm tired. Clear thoughts. Stand all day with little discomfort. Very strong grip strength. Can eat a lot or a little as hunger dictates. As far as I can tell, my health is above average. Not sure why you think I seem unhealthy. I'm sure you also seem perfectly healthy.
    Because you react that poorly to a benign, beneficial macronutrient, it's obvious something is wrong systematically that you're not addressing.

Fat doesn't make me break out and ooze, walk with a cane, gain 5lbs, or whatever else you claim. And, no, it's not because fat is inherently healthier either.

You look fine, right now, but that doesn't tell the whole story. You can eat whatever you want though, I personally don't care. But, you shouldn't try to say that you're perfectly healthy while simultaneously nearly dying from eating fruit either. That shit isn't normal.

I seem perfectly healthy, yeah, because I don't really give a rats ass about what I eat, really, I just keep pufa low, and avoid eating crap I don't like the taste of.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    So, by avoiding the food that makes ME sick, I'm a broken person. But by avoiding the food that makes YOU sick, you're the champion of the universe?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

So, by avoiding the food that makes ME sick, I'm a broken person. But by avoiding the food that makes YOU sick, you're the champion of the universe?
    I avoid food that tastes bad to me too, but, targeted foods that cause discomfort for some reason or other is greatly different than having an entire macronutrient make you feel that ill.

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks, Paleobird. Thankfully, we have little to defend against. Zach does a fine job of sticking his own foot in his mouth!

No, my health is not quite perfect. But I no longer ooze pus, walk with a cane, have itching rashes, pour grease from my facial pores, crave food all day every day even when my stomach is full, have ringing ears, snore, have horrible joint pain, have seasonal allergies - good god, I hadn't realized how long this list could get, and I'm only just starting to write it!

No, I can't digest starch. Trying to do so recently caused me a lot of problems. So I dropped it and now I'm back, baby! And my skin is amazing again, people keep thinking I'm a lot younger. Berries and tea, kombucha, sun and sauerkraut all seem to make me look younger. And feel younger, too! I do eat some fruit here and there, just not starchy fruit like underripe bananas. But mostly meat, endless piles of fatty meat, eggs, bone broth, other carnivore fare are serving me well. I'm actually amazed at how easy this steak and eggs thing is getting now, by week two
    Hi Knifegill. Yeah, I don't understand why someone else being happy and successful seems to be so threatening to some people.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    That thread has been drowned in noise by quite a lot. So if I add my own, it won't be that dramatic :

I have been in ketosis (mild to deep) for a few months without ill-effects, I just dropped a lot of body fat. It allowed me to understand a few things about how my body works, etc. But spring is here and I feel like cycling a bit by upping the carbs (sweet potatoes / rice) and lower the fat a little. I also naturally decreased my consumption of veggies these last weeks, like I have no interest in them. So my one meal a day is mostly meats / organs / fish / moderate added fat (butter - will never drop that one!) and occasional starchy item (potatoes / rice or not so ripe bananas). I don't really do nuts anymore and my fruit consumption is still low (occasional berries) save for bananas as of late. The combo IF a la pklopp and the upping of starches into the low-moderate realm (~ 100g) is definitely doing something to me, my body composition is changing (not fatter). Even though I do IF, I am in no calorie deficit at all. I eat quite a lot and a quick check in fitday showed that at or slightly above my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi Knifegill. Yeah, I don't understand why someone else being happy and successful seems to be so threatening to some people.
    You speak like someone with blinders on. It's one way or no way, right!?

Not really. We're omnivores, designed to be able to digest and put to use a plethora of different food groups. You eat 99.5% fat because you're otherwise a sick person, are you not? Though I may or may not agree with your choice of methods, if he were healthy, he'd be able to eat carbs just fine like everyone else. Ratios can vary here, not asking him to eat like me, I know the thresholds for tolerance are different.

But, of course, he feels soooo good on VLC, let's just ignore the other symptoms, despite it really being an abnormal(and for all evidence, and purposes, not primal) way of eating in the first place.

To end it though, it's his choice to eat how he wants, just like it's my choice to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day and drink like a fish over losing a hockey game. Free will and all that. So, I respect his choice to make use of whatever time he has on this planet in whatever way he wants. If he just happens to be addicted to eating fat, then more power to him. I hate people who tread on this, I'm just keeping it real and telling it how it is. It's not healthy, and these posts are designed to bring that to light for anyone else attempting this fad diet for the sake of weight loss and just happen to feel miserable. It's not for everyone, and it's not abnormal that you feel bad.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-13-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Actually Knife does eat fruits and such.... if I remember his experiment correctly it was when he attempted to make them the focus or majority of his diet it produced issues. I don't know how that can be considered unhealthy. Its biochemical individuality. Could be his epigenetics from his great-grandparents through the time in the womb made him this way, or all the way to his ancestors, or his gut biome from birth till now produces the effect. Whatever it is all we really need to do to validate our decision regarding his diet (or yours for that matter), at least this is in my estimation, is to find a group/civilization of HG or traditional peoples enjoying abundant health that live in a manner close to that which we have adopted. Easy right?

Basically we are all unhealthy/imperfect just as a function of being born into this society. We just have to make due with the tools we are given.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 05-13-2013 at 06:58 AM.

I don't think it varies that much, but I do agree with your last statement profusely.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast