Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation page 11

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    So im guessing you would like the last word here?

Omni is offline Senior Member
    I've seen no credible evidence to say that Ketosis is the holy grail of diet and likewise have not seen any credible evidence to suggest that it is in any way detrimental.
    How's that for a last word.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Not that this is meant to be the last word on anything, but just wanted to say that I really appreciate you being here, Zach. Personally, I'm not about to climb any big rock candy or sourdough mountains, but I value your perspective nonetheless.

I'm one of those people who have done the ketosis thing for a while, but then felt and done much, much better after switching to moderate carbs.
    If ketosis long term works for someone, great. I have the feeling that there are very few people in the world for whom it works. In my world, carbs in moderation from whole, healthy sources = good health, leaner body, better fitness performance and much more.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Been gluten free for 3 days and I suddenly feel alive again. Like something just clicked and everything has been restored to me. It's amazing. Gluten is one of the 7 deadly sins.

Greed
    Gluten
    Lust
    Envy
    Sloth
    Wrath
    Pride
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Not that this is meant to be the last word on anything, but just wanted to say that I really appreciate you being here, Zach. Personally, I'm not about to climb any big rock candy or sourdough mountains, but I value your perspective nonetheless.

I'm one of those people who have done the ketosis thing for a while, but then felt and done much, much better after switching to moderate carbs.
    If ketosis long term works for someone, great. I have the feeling that there are very few people in the world for whom it works. In my world, carbs in moderation from whole, healthy sources = good health, leaner body, better fitness performance and much more.
    Thanks, i appreciate that.

Derp: your a liar, you said you are pizza two days ago! Pretty sure lying is a mortal sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thanks, i appreciate that.

Derp: your a liar, you said you are pizza two days ago! Pretty sure lying is a mortal sin.
    I'm actually eating pizza right now too... Forgive me Grok, for I have sinned...

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    How do you eat pizza sooooo often? I get tired of stuff and couldn't eat the same thing for 3 meals in a row! I'm impressed.
    A lot, never get tired of it. It tastes too good, and there are so many varieties

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Here is your sugar addiction and maladapted testimony, as quoted by you, in your own big rock candy journal.

Decided to give it a go for fun since i havent even attempted a low carb day in over 2 years. First meal was ok, by the second meal i had a headache and a very distinct slowing of heart rate with a bit of palps thrown in. An hour after the second meal i threw in the towel and fruited it up.
    Thanks, Paleobird. Thankfully, we have little to defend against. Zach does a fine job of sticking his own foot in his mouth! Don't we all?

No, my health is not quite perfect. But I no longer ooze pus, walk with a cane, have itching rashes, pour grease from my facial pores, crave food all day every day even when my stomach is full, have ringing ears, snore, have horrible joint pain, have seasonal allergies - good god, I hadn't realized how long this list could get, and I'm only just starting to write it!

No, I can't digest starch. Trying to do so recently caused me a lot of problems. So I dropped it and now I'm back, baby! And my skin is amazing again, people keep thinking I'm a lot younger. Berries and tea, kombucha, sun and sauerkraut all seem to make me look younger. And feel younger, too! I do eat some fruit here and there, just not starchy fruit like underripe bananas. But mostly meat, endless piles of fatty meat, eggs, bone broth, other carnivore fare are serving me well. I'm actually amazed at how easy this steak and eggs thing is getting now, by week two

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    What is it with you two and misrepresenting information?

Your original post. "not be able to miss a meal (as you recently stated you had trouble doing)"

And you got that from this? "First meal was ok, by the second meal i had a headache and a very distinct slowing of heart rate with a bit of palps thrown in."

These distinct symptoms happened during eating 2 entirely protein/fat meals. Eating these meals vs fasting is completely different. I can go a complete day fasted with no insulin issues whatsoever. What you consider sugar addiction, i consider health. I will fully admit that ketosis is bad for me, i believe it to be a natural state of stress.

So in conclusion, i have had to waste a good bit of time defending myself from idiots that have no reading comprehension and like to twist realities and put words in peoples mouths to feel better about their own issues.

Honestly i dont care if you love your diet or not, im only here to try and help others who might not be as successful on a similar diet. Ill leave it there.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Well, at least we can agree on the notion that we are disagreeing. You think relying heavily on refined sugar is a healthy thing. I advocate fat. We'll just have to wait and see who attends whose (wait, who's?) funeral. I'll probably fall out of a tree and die that way - and then you can say it was all those ketones slowing me down and creating brain fog. Actually, I want that on my tombstone. "Here lies Knifegill. He tried to climb trees while utilizing fat as fuel and the resulting brain fog led to his uncoordinated, clutzy demise."

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast