Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Momto3's Journey of Healing and Health page 5

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi! I picked up a copy of FMD at the library after seeing it on here. Curious to see your results! I'm not sure I could make it through phase 2 - even just 2 days - may be too triggering for me... Be sure to keep us posted!

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Hi! I picked up a copy of FMD at the library after seeing it on here. Curious to see your results! I'm not sure I could make it through phase 2 - even just 2 days - may be too triggering for me... Be sure to keep us posted!
    Hi there! Thanks for posting.

Well the first week was somewhat on plan, but by the end of the week I was adding butter on things. I think I'll count it as a warm up.

I took my measurements this morning. Pretty much the same.

Yesterday was a "refeed" took hubby out for early Father's Day. I had a lovely 8oz steak, steamed veggies and 1/2 baked potato. Then it was a gluten free pizookie with ice cream on top.

I am happy that it seems I was able to avoid gluten. Thank you BJs Brewhouse.

Off to a day of church, prep for backpacking trip and helping my dad move.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

I ate at a friend's house yesterday and had just a tiny bit of legumes in my salad and I am bloated like 3 months pregnant. Yikes. Not sure of its just that. Everything was supposed to be gluten free.

I've had flaxseed meal. I don't know. Hope the bloat goes down soon. I've been extremely thirsty all day.

My Journal

ayumi is offline Member
    Flaxseed can cause bloating. When I have issues with stomach gas I take deglycirrinized licorice (DCL). Not sure if it can help with bloat.

Thanks ayumi.

I'm sorry, but I have not been following my plan wholeheartedly. I have my excuses. this week I've been baking, cooking, dehydrating for our backpacking trip. And now I have a blasted cold. Grrr. I've gotten a lot of these minor colds this year. Usually I fare pretty well. They haven't been horrible, just annoying and take down my energy.

I am so looking forward to getting to the mountains. I hope the elevation doesn't make the chest cold worse. I'll do the best that I can.

My Journal

Back from our trip! It was gorgeous, but I was really sick the first two days. But when I felt up to it, we would hike. It was a good introduction. We ate well. I had dehydrated beef bourguignon and zucchini spaghetti & meat sauce. I made a bunch of nut based granola and found powdered coconut milk. So when I had my appetite, it was all so yummy.

On the third day my fever broke and I felt so much better.

It's good to be home. My weight didn't change much. 142.8

My Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I may be disappointing some of you reading, but I think I'm backing away from the Simple/ Fast Metabolism diet idea. I haven't even given it a real try honestly. I'm just not getting my head into it. Since seeing that my thyroid is nice and healthy I just don't have the same motivation for doing something extreme.

My mom just got me a Fitbit Flex. Plus I just started using www.myfitnesspal.com which syncs together. My husband has just been tracking his food and he's losing. I imagine it may not work so easily for me, but who knows. It's motivating me to get out for those walks which is good for my cortisol and needed for that slow movement quota that Mark Sisson talks about.

I would love to lose the 8 lbs to get back to a comfortable size 8. I think I am letting go of the size 6 goal. I am making some headway into the journey of loving my body, loving myself as it is.

Myfitnesspal has it's calorie recomnendations, but I changed the macros to better reflect a primal lifestyle. I think I will give that a try for awhile. I may be fighting a losing battle with being on birth control. I think I will focus on nourishing foods, continue to heal my gut and hopefully go off birth control soon.

My Journal

I was getting hopeful, losing .2lbs a day and then overnight jumped back up to 144.6. Sigh. Measurements went up too

I've been walking lots, got some laps in at the pool too.

Today I am bloated and a bit crampy. -hopefully that explains the weight and measurement jump. Ugh.

Someday thus has all got to come together somehow....

My Journal

I'm checking in. I feeling good physically. I am strong and have energy. My digestion has been doing great!! My skin is looking a bit better too. Even with my period this past week. I didn't have any big breakouts. Wow!

With the Fitbit, I've been inspired to get my steps in. I've definitely upped my activity level and getting out for walks is helping my mood/stress levels.

This morning I did 20 min of pull ups, one legged squats, pull ups, push-ups, abs, pull ups, plank.

I've also agreed to a push up challenge for 30 days. 100 push-ups throughout the day.

My Journal

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast