Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Momto3's Journey of Healing and Health page 4

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I read through the book yesterday. I also listened to a talk by Chris Kresser talking about the thyroid-adrenal-ovarian axis. This talk was so helpful for me to connect the dots as to how I could end up with endometriosis, PCOS, weight gain, hyperplasia, high cortisol, gut dysbiosis..... Such a good talk! In it he talked about weightloss being important because the extra fat producing more estrogen which continues to throw the balance out of whack. He mentioned that low carb may help some, but if your adrenals are weakened, it may not be the best. Then he mentioned Simple Paleo as a way to lower caloric intake without stressing the body.

I actually see a few similarities between the FMD and Simple Paleo. Both don't look like fun either. Still thinking and considering but it looks like I may need to go this for a bit to get to my goal.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Good weekend. My hubby has been away for 6 days and I can't wait for him to return! I was able to get a workout in plus some walks. Not much activity since Saturday though.

I woke up refreshed, but after breakfast and supplements I got really fatigued and light headed. Like real low blood sugar. Maybe I don't need the Chromium I was taking it to help my body be more insulin sensitive, but I just don't feel right. Will take that out. Maybe I should have an apple.

My Journal

This is what Simple Paleo & the Fast Metabolism Diet looks like. I admit I am not looking forward to it at all. But if I can lower my fat set point.... And if I'm not hungry doing it.... It will just be boring. Can I commit to 4 weeks? I don't know.

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369787957.693513.jpg

My Journal

Ok. Monday, June 3rd is the start of the experiment. My birthday weekend is right before. Will be attempting Civilized Caveman's Lemon pound cake. :9

Sleep last night sucked. Great to have my hubby back! Went to bed at a decent hour but woke up at 1am and was mostly awake until 5am. Ugh. No workout this morning. Maybe eating the fudgesicle at 9 pm was too close to bed? Oh well, whatever it was I don't want it to happen again.

My Journal

Sleep was great last night!
    Walked with the boys this morning. Beautiful sunshine.

Last week I made popcorn and enjoyed some. About 18 hours later ( after lunch the next day ) I was not feeling well at all. The popcorn was the only thing I could think of.

Then today, I had one corn/rice puff. It was cheddar cheese flavor. Seriously. One puff. I didn't take a dairy pill. About an hour after lunch I got sick again.

It was a reaction like I've had gluten or dairy. Can 1 puff cause such a strong reaction or is it something else? not fun.

My Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Can't wait to see your progress!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I enjoyed my birthday weekend immensely. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family. They spoiled me well. I made a delicious lemon pound cake. I immediately froze the extra. It would be way too tempting. I'll get it out for 4th of July.

I didn't cook all the meat and veggies I wanted to so the first couple days haven't been exactly to plan, but I'm getting close. I have been a little hungry so I've done a couple snacks. I've got a big pot of stew going now so that will help.

I'm feeling down emotionally today so it makes fighting the cravings a bit harder. I think I will make myself a mug of bone broth.

Oh I agreed to join a friend to do a 30 day Ab challenge. It's 5 Ab exercises plus a plank. It takes about 5 min a day. I thought it couldn't hurt to strengthen my weakest part.

I also agreed to join my sister for a free hour of boot camp on Saturday mornings. Should be fun.

Last week my lymph node was swollen so it hurt to open my jaw. It went away but now I have a sore throat and stuffy head. Bugger. Maybe that's why I'm craving bone broth.

My Journal

Here are my Thyroid Panel results:
    Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S T4,Free(Direct) 1.24 Range .82-1.77
    TSH TSH .643 Range .450-4.5
    Reverse T3, Serum Reverse T3, Serum 12.7 Range 9.2-24.1
    Thyroxine (T4) Thyroxine (T4) 8.8 Range 4.5-12.0
    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 8 Range 0-34
    Antithyroglobulin Ab Antithyroglobulin Ab < 20 Range 0-40
    Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 2.8 Range 2.0 - 4.4

The new eating plan is going ok. At first it was tough getting something to eat within the first 30 min of waking. I just wasn't hungry. Now I wake up hungry. I get a snack then do my workout.

Today was a strength routine:
    3 sets of 5 reps
    Pullups
    one leg squat
    dips (assisted)
    decline pushups
    dumbbell shoulder press
    Ab challenge - 1 set of 20
    crunch
    bicycle
    scissor kick
    leg raise
    hip extension
    Plank - 63 sec today

I am taking a break from my supplements. I got sick after lunch again. I can't seem to connect it to a certain food. It has happened on days I didn't have acacia powder. But I am thinking it is more likely a supplement I take in the morning, then eating at lunch starts up the stomach and a half hour later I have some sort of reaction. very discouraging at times, but once a week is so much better than the daily pain, bloating and gas I was going through earlier this year. It is definitely progress.

It seems things are within normal ranges. Anybody else see anything concerning? Maybe this rules out the thyroid issue?

My Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I dont know about the results, but wanted to say kudos on your weight number going down!! Which reminds me, I should post an update also.

I am enjoying following your journey!

Oh, also wanted to say, I struggle with the 30 minutes of waking also.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Thanks gopintos! I am happy to see that trend too. If I can break through this 142 it will seem more than my normal bouncing around. I'm encouraged though!

My Journal

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast