Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you like your goat? page 2

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dead. (Yes, I hate goats-its a long story.)

I've never eaten goat but I've heard its best slow-cooked -pulled goat, chilis, stews, that type of thing. I have a friend who loves the crock pot and just replaces the beef in all her recipes with goat. She says its awesome.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Awwww ... goats are awesome ... I mean, they can sing like Taylor Swift and look a damn sight better, too.

Total curveball here, but if anyone reading gets some ostrich in, follow any goat recipe for doing it right.

mikem0553 is offline Junior Member
    I make a cube steak with a meat hammer, coat it with a beaten egg, then covered in arrowroot flour. Fry it on a medium to low heat in coconut oil. I do this with elk, pronghorn, goat and venison. Everyone seems to like it. Sometimes I forget to tell them what they are eating.

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    Hmm I'll try that with Kangaroo next time I buy some, I expect it will keep the moisture in somewhat better than just plain frying.

Kanga schnitzel

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Since you have chops... spice them up and grill them med to med rare.
    Just like you would a lamb chop!

'Cept goat is milder in flavor IMO so it really doesn't need a strong marinade or spic rub, but it can certainly take all the flavor you want to throw at it.

It's spring... I'd be feeling a ginger/lemongrass/chiliflake/fishsauce(or tamari)/lime kind of thing.

Other cuts are better for those long slow cooks and currys...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

CaveBug is online now Senior Member
    When I lived in Africa I was eating goat a lot. We couldn't get 'cuts' though. It was more like, "I'll have 1kg" and you get a mix of bone and various connective tissues and some meat as well. Needless to say it wasn't very tender so I always cooked it in the pressure cooker.

Put your meat in the cooker and add maybe 1/2 cup water. My go to goat spices were chili powder, parsley, salt pepper and curry powder. Once the pot is up to pressure let it cook for about 13min and it comes out so tender. I loved it. The leftover juice I guess you could save but I couldn't because there was no electricity.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Alive, eating grass in my yard. Please don't tell "Sonic" that I even looked at this thread or that I sometimes have goat meat in the freezer.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cool. I think I have enough info to finally take the chops out of the freezer in a few days (large amount of beef to go through).

Curry powder, ginger, citrus (always on hand), some liquid - the start of a marinade. My griddler - heat source. I'm good to go. What would I do without you all?

Don't worry, Pebbles, I'll keep your secret from Sonic. A beautiful beast by the way.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Khainag is offline Member
    I know you are way fancier than this, but slow cooked (ideally in its own skin or a dairy can through the use of hot rocks ) with onions, carrots and potatoes (garlic would probably be good too).
    SAD makes me MAD (a journal about Mongolian food and living with mullings on struggles with GERD, IBS and acne)http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66073.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm laughing at me being fancy, since I am a devotee of Paula Deen. I like your idea except I may be one of the least outdoorsy people on this forum. Hot rocks? Where can I buy those? (Kidding of course.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12