Thread: Weight zig zag question page

mikegee2 is offline Member

Weight zig zag question

Primal Fuel
    I was looking at my weight loss graph. When I started LIVING PB in November, 2012, my weight loss was pretty much straight down from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock started at 285lbs down to 268lbs. Then something strange started I expected some plateau, but The weight continued downward i BUT n a zig -zag fashion. the "UP" part of the zig-zag is only on the weekends. I swear, there is no change in my diet or exercise. I have been pretty strict. The only thing different is I get more rest on the weekends. Puzzling.

I am not really concerned, since my slow downward trend is still downward. I am now at 243, but still the zig zag pattern.

Any thoughts?
    mike

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Do you 'work' Monday to Friday and have Saturday/Sunday at home?
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I think you're weighing yourself too often and worrying too much about numbers on a scale.

Kelda....yes. work monday -thursday.. home friday through Sunday exercise is the same as well

RM....i weigh because it is important to me, but I do not WORRY. I am simply curious about the WHY.

Mike

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    I would imagine the difference will be due to stress hormones that vary between your work state and your home state. The other thing that may be different is your sleep quantity/quality.

Also a potential difference between how much you move about during the working week compared with home life (other than specific exercise times).

There's a very interesting post here Hormones, Homeostasis, and Why You (Probably) Need Carbs :: stumptuous.com which looks at a whole range of factors in how the hormones function. It's looking particularly at females, but the first section is more general and might give you some insight into some potential differences between the two time periods.

Don't worry about weighing, most of us do, where it's used for data gathering and curious pondering I believe it does more good than harm. I would find it super-stressful if not allowed to hop on the scales when I wanted to!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kelda..thanks.. will check those out
    Mike