Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co Yo yoghurt - has anyone tried this? page

maclrc is offline Senior Member

Co Yo yoghurt - has anyone tried this?

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

I enjoy good full fat yoghurt, but find it still triggers my lactose/dairy intolerance. I noticed this recently and was wondering if anyone has tried it?

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I've tried it and although it's very creamy and tasty, it did not agree with me at all. It caused severe bloating (coconut milk is FODMAP) and didn't make me feel good.

For the record, I don't tolerate yoghurt either. Try it and see how you feel. It's a great product if you want dairy alternative.

sunsis is offline Member
    yes i buy the passionfruit one its delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I've tried it and although it's very creamy and tasty, it did not agree with me at all. It caused severe bloating (coconut milk is FODMAP) and didn't make me feel good.

For the record, I don't tolerate yoghurt either. Try it and see how you feel. It's a great product if you want dairy alternative.
    Thanks, guess I'll just have to give it a go. I've had some similar issues with coconut milk in the past, although I've only ever really consumed it with other potential problem foods e.g. porridge.

Coconut products do appear to cause many people issues, strange how it is regarded as somewhat of a primal wonderfood...

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    Funnily enough I tried this last week for the first time!

I enjoyed the natural flavour yoghurt, but hated the cocoa one, it had that awful raw chocolate taste to it. I ate half the pot on its own to gauge whether I actually enjoyed it because I'd had to chuck the cocoa one away, and then had the other half instead of ice cream with a baked apple (Paleo dessert: baked and fried apples | Paleo Diet Lifestyle), because it has that slightly thicker consistency. I think it would work nicely as an alternative with desserts or stirred into curry etc.

I didn't think about whether it bloated me to be honest, maybe I'll do another test when I have time to pop into Waitrose and get some more, focusing on the effect on my body rather than the taste.

FYI I eat yoghurt almost every day and don't find it much of an issue. I had lactose intolerance as a teen, went on an elimination diet and gradually reintroduced with completely reduced side effects, but still limit my dairy to yoghurt and some cheese - though this tends to be feta anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by sunsis View Post
    yes i buy the passionfruit one its delicious.
    Well 2 prompt responses lauding the taste is more than enough for me to give it a go this weekend.

Fingers crossed on the digestion front!

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclrc View Post
    Thanks, guess I'll just have to give it a go. I've had some similar issues with coconut milk in the past, although I've only ever really consumed it with other potential problem foods e.g. porridge.

Coconut products do appear to cause many people issues, strange how it is regarded as somewhat of a primal wonderfood...
    Indeed. Coconut products are a problem for some and I'm eliminating all coconut for a while because of this.

I'd still give it a try and see how you do.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I've tried the plain one and the chocolate one - both v nice, although both are over-sweetened (to my palate) with xylitol.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I have never seen a coconut yogurt that wasn't full of stabilizers and other chemicals. When I want yogurt I get goat or sheep yogurt that has only the milk plus cultures and nothing else.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I have never seen a coconut yogurt that wasn't full of stabilizers and other chemicals. When I want yogurt I get goat or sheep yogurt that has only the milk plus cultures and nothing else.
    Well, this contains:

Coconut milk (97.9%), Tapioca Starch, Xylitol, Selected probiotic cultures

Which I think is okay from a Primal point of view IMHO (and after checking some MDA articles)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast