Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co Yo yoghurt - has anyone tried this? page 2

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've only had the natural one and really like it (I can't handle dairy yoghurt but absolutely love the stuff). However, it is stupidly expensive so I've started making my own from tinned coconut milk and probiotic powder - then leave it in the oven for 24 hours (with the oven barely on...I read that the light in the oven will give enough heat, but mine doesn't give out any heat at all so I had to switch the oven on a tiny bit). I use the cream from the top of the coconut and just a little bit of the liquid, otherwise it's a bit too runny (although it firms up when you refrigerate it).

Tastes just the same as Coyo for a fraction of the cost.

maclrc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    I've only had the natural one and really like it (I can't handle dairy yoghurt but absolutely love the stuff). However, it is stupidly expensive so I've started making my own from tinned coconut milk and probiotic powder - then leave it in the oven for 24 hours (with the oven barely on...I read that the light in the oven will give enough heat, but mine doesn't give out any heat at all so I had to switch the oven on a tiny bit). I use the cream from the top of the coconut and just a little bit of the liquid, otherwise it's a bit too runny (although it firms up when you refrigerate it).

Tastes just the same as Coyo for a fraction of the cost.
    Just grabbed a couple of the 125g pots and I must say I'm very impressed with the taste. At 2 a pot however, there is no escaping the fact that these are pretty expensive!

When you make your own, do you add any sweetner? I'm curious as I might give making my own a go...

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by maclrc View Post
    Just grabbed a couple of the 125g pots and I must say I'm very impressed with the taste. At 2 a pot however, there is no escaping the fact that these are pretty expensive!

When you make your own, do you add any sweetner? I'm curious as I might give making my own a go...
    I tried making my own using 2 cans of coconut milk and 3 tablespoons of the natural COYO. Unfortunately it did not work, though the copmany said it should.

I probably had a too cold environment (oven, light only0 or was using poor coconut milk (with E numbers and stabilisers). You can definitely make it far cheaper.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-02-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12