Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fit in Ohio page

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member

Fit in Ohio

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So this is my first forum post. I've been following the blog for about 5 months now. In fact I look forward to my MDA visit every morning when I wake up. Instead of coffee and the newspaper, I am greeted by eggs & MDA. What a treat!

I was a member of a CrossFit gym here in Columbus, Ohio and alot of those guys are Paleo eaters. The head trainer directed me to MDA and I was hooked since my first visit. At first I was very resistant to the paleo idea because CW couldn't be wrong right? Until I started really digging into the information I thought "give up grains pff sure that's a dumb idea that's not what they taught us in school".

I am an NSCA-CPT, but I hate the word personal trainer. It brings up horrible images in my head of people doing tricep kick backs and calf raises with some underqualified gym rat counting reps for them. I am of the "lift/throw heavy things and run really fast" philosophy.

I can't say that I'm actually "Primal" yet, although I am a self proclaimed meatatarian. I still have sugar cravings that I cave into periodically. No grains in the diet, only snack cakes and mt. dew, but I don't think Grok would approve

I'm looking forward to getting the book and digesting the whole of it, as I haven't gotten to read it yet. Future Grokstar in the making!

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to MDA!!!! I'm from Columbus, living down in NC now. How long have you been doing CF??
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Heya there!!! Any Crossfit in Dayton that you know of?!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Welcome! I'm newish as well and gonna go to my first free crossfit group session this saturday in Lakewood, Ohio

I was officially CrossFitting for a short period of time. The gym just got their affiliate status within the past few months maybe March? It was just in time for the Arnolds Fitness Festival. My fitness philosophy was pretty CFesque before I knew what it was anyways. I'm not CFing right now I took some time off due to overtraining issues. CrossFit in and of itself is enough to tear a body apart let alone my martial arts/wrestling, biking to work, and everything else on top of that lol.

There probably is a CrossFit box in Dayton. In fact I think alot of our equipment came from a place up that way. I can check and see for you.

How does CrossFit fit with Primal Blueprint philosophy? It seems that Mark is a fan of slow low intensity stuff? I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav3rick View Post
    I was officially CrossFitting for a short period of time. The gym just got their affiliate status within the past few months maybe March? It was just in time for the Arnolds Fitness Festival. My fitness philosophy was pretty CFesque before I knew what it was anyways. I'm not CFing right now I took some time off due to overtraining issues. CrossFit in and of itself is enough to tear a body apart let alone my martial arts/wrestling, biking to work, and everything else on top of that lol.

There probably is a CrossFit box in Dayton. In fact I think alot of our equipment came from a place up that way. I can check and see for you.

How does CrossFit fit with Primal Blueprint philosophy? It seems that Mark is a fan of slow low intensity stuff? I haven't quite figured that out yet.
    That would be awesome. Or just point in to a good source. I tried a google search a couple weeks ago with nada. I am dying to try it and get started!!! THANK YOU.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tara tootie View Post
    That would be awesome. Or just point in to a good source. I tried a google search a couple weeks ago with nada. I am dying to try it and get started!!! THANK YOU.
    If you go to their main site www.crossfit.com you will see a sidebar on the left that says Affiliates. If you click on that it will give you a list of every affiliate by state I think. I'm not sure if it says city, you might have to sift through them.

Also alot of people CrossFit just by following the mainsite WOD without being a member of a gym. Part of the problem of Googling for gyms is that not all gyms are just CrossFit Gyms. The gym that I was an instructor for is a martial arts/yoga/CrossFit hybrid. If you just did a Columbus CrossFit search I don't know that you would find it.

Haha so I found one that JUST opened! SUHWEET. Its ridiculously expensive though!!! $150 for initial 6 classes to ease you in! DUD wtf? Thats with a "1-10 trainees per trainer" I dunno.

The drop in fee is like $15 so maybe Ill just drop in all the time, until I can do it at home or at the school gym.

Yea CrossFit is usually expensive. The annual license fee is $2000 just to call yourself a CrossFit Group so groups have to pay the bills somehow. The initial 6 sessions is probably for the On Ramp program which is a necessity for learning proper movement, but each studio is different

does anybody crossfit in a normal gym?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast