Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fit in Ohio page 2

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Normal gyms aren't conducive to doing CrossFit. There is a reason why its not part of commercial gym programming. It's just as much of a sport as it is just a fitness program they even have their own regional competitions. It has it's own culture, CFers are mainly hardcore athletes and physical terminators. The kind of people that you would find in a hardcore gym and wouldn't dream of stepping foot in a commercial gym.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara tootie View Post
    Haha so I found one that JUST opened! SUHWEET. Its ridiculously expensive though!!! $150 for initial 6 classes to ease you in! DUD wtf? Thats with a "1-10 trainees per trainer" I dunno.

The drop in fee is like $15 so maybe Ill just drop in all the time, until I can do it at home or at the school gym.
    Is this the CrossFit Creek One? I saw there sign go up the other day, but haven't checked it out yet.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

batty is offline Senior Member
    i am just peeing with joy over all the ohio PBers coming out of the woodwork today.

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Prince View Post
    Welcome! I'm newish as well and gonna go to my first free crossfit group session this saturday in Lakewood, Ohio
    oh no way. where specifically?

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Is this the CrossFit Creek One? I saw there sign go up the other day, but haven't checked it out yet.
    Yeah its in Cville.

Its a $100/month or $15 dropin rate. What kills me is the ***$150*** for 6 effin' sessions! Its not even one on one!!! ARG I feel like I just wanna say eff it b/c its cheaper to just do sprints and pushups. But I am broke right now so we will see.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

It's expensive, but I highly highly recommend it if you have the cash to spare. Every CrossFit gym I've been too has a great community of people backing it. That's where it separates from the commercial gyms. Commercial gyms are just people going to work out most don't know each other or care. CFers are athletes by nature and tend to develop communities and team like bonds. CF gyms or "boxes" as they refer to them are small because it takes a special kind of person to CrossFit and it's not for the public at large.

The on ramp programs are extremely important! Unless you can deadlift, clean, overhead squat, snatch, and so on... with perfection you need the intro to movement. I can't stress this enough!!

CrossFit is like MDA only for exercise. It's like a cult, but a healthy one

Kev
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav3rick View Post

CrossFit is like MDA only for exercise. It's like a cult, but a healthy one
    lol never thought of it that way. Good to have you joining us. You will conform :-)

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    i am just peeing with joy over all the ohio PBers coming out of the woodwork today.

oh no way. where specifically?
    +1. you got some on my shoes...

welcome!

Theres is a crossfit gym in the same building i have my recording studio in downtown cleveland. Too convenient to ignore, im sure ill join by next winter when im freaking out for ways to stay active.

Any of you Ohioans know where I can get a pair of 5 Finger KSO's? I've looked in just about every store in Columbus and everything is sold out.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    Theres is a crossfit gym in the same building i have my recording studio in downtown cleveland. Too convenient to ignore, im sure ill join by next winter when im freaking out for ways to stay active.
    i'm smelling a cleveland MDA meetup, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav3rick View Post
    Any of you Ohioans know where I can get a pair of 5 Finger KSO's? I've looked in just about every store in Columbus and everything is sold out.
    i have had zero luck, i ordered mine online. kayak shed has limited styles/sizes, same with eastern mountain.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Kev
    Batty,

I'll be in Cleveland for work 6/7 - 6/13

Mav3rick,

It would be a bit of a drive, but I got mine here http://www.roderershoecenter.com/ if you know your size you could call ahead. I am glad I did, because I would have ordered the wrong size online.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast