Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too useful to be buried in a thread - hormones and homeostasis link page

Kelda is offline Senior Member

Too useful to be buried in a thread - hormones and homeostasis link

Primal Fuel
    Hormones, Homeostasis, and Why You (Probably) Need Carbs :: stumptuous.com

This link appeared in another thread but is really interesting and important and chimes with lots of recent 'what's gone wrong' type threads which interestingly are mostly written by females!

It's quite a read but well worth it.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

zoeamy is offline Member
    I always liked that blog. Interesting thoughts, there are definitely some dogmatic ideas about diet.
    Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
    Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

zoeamy is offline Member
    I particularly like this:
    "If you are eating less you must also calm the fuck down, get some sunshine and vitamin D, and sleep. Don’t keep jacking yourself up with more control, more restriction, more heavy training, more life stress, more Type-A bullshit.*"
    Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
    Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    really interesting link.
    I particularly like this:
    "If you are eating less you must also calm the fuck down, get some sunshine and vitamin D, and sleep. Don’t keep jacking yourself up with more control, more restriction, more heavy training, more life stress, more Type-A bullshit.*"
    ho hum. this is me. doing something about it is the trick.

Stress levels certainly shout out to me as the X Factor, that's for sure.

As a life long insomniac (now recovering), who had been able to function quite OK (I thought), it never occurred to me that this chronic sleep-deprivation was a stressor to factor in. And, until recently I didn't really consider fasting now and again as another stressor (as such) - these are all those intangible hidden aspects that make us all individual and why there is no one-fit for anyone, just basic broad guidelines.

When you consider how broadly Mark has written both PB and his latest PC it's amazing how dogmatic people can become. It seems to me that modern people want 'quick' easy 'now' fix, rules to follow (unthinkingly). Working out what works for you requires direct participation in YOUR life, and that gets messy, quickly.

It's simple, but not easy - not many seem to want to tackle 'not easy' these days!

dacec is offline Senior Member
    That article spoke to me :-)

I am looking to reduce BF and started thinking about food and restricting food, and weighing in...constantly. Luckily I had noticed my obsession and the fact the my energy and happiness levels had dropped.
    Brought in more carbs and started eating when I am hungry, I feel LOADS better and much happier.

That article confirmed that I was off track, but had gotten back on track.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    GREAT article!! This sums up the experience of so many here, including my own. There have recently been several threads by posters who are just burnt out completely and are adopting new goals, and breaking this cycle has been a common one that I've seen repeatedly.

Thanks for sharing!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I posted this yesterday (maybe someone else did too?) - I'm glad you found it useful. Krista S-D is who I'd like to be when I grow up.

I'm not anti low-carbing, but I am anti ignoring the information your body is giving you, in favour of, well, any other source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    I posted this yesterday (maybe someone else did too?) - I'm glad you found it useful. Krista S-D is who I'd like to be when I grow up.

I'm not anti low-carbing, but I am anti ignoring the information your body is giving you, in favour of, well, any other source of information.
    I read it this morning from another thread, so it was probably your link :-) it just spoke loudly and chimed in so well with many 'stuck and at a loss' threads I've spotted here in the last few weeks since flipping through the Forum again.

Having switched to this way of eating more than 3 years ago (and spent the last year not really doing as well as I had) it's interesting to see that some longer-timers are stumbling; mostly women it appears although they are probably more likely to post and ask for insight of course.

Mark himself has posted recently on the blog about how his eating has changed over the last 5 or so years as he's shifted with how his body has changed its requirements.

Nothing stays the same, everything is in flux, but many humans are trying to control the uncontrollable! Control is an illusion!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I loved that article; thx so much for posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast