Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share your PRIMAL "ice cream" recipes! page

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Share your PRIMAL "ice cream" recipes!

Primal Fuel
    Hey Everyone - I made a video about how disgusting conventional ice cream is... And it got me thinking about some awesome ice cream replacement ideas.

I am pretty sure you all have some phenomenal ideas - LETS HEAR THEM!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    What are your replacement ideas? Do tell! My fav is frozen bananas and fresh pineapple. If I'm really hungry or just want an even creamier mouth feel I'll add almond butter. Raw cacao powder is a good extra to throw in there, as are medjool dates. Freshly grated coconut, berries........ I could go on

You could throw some cocao powder in a blender with ice, water and stevia (if you use it - I certainly do)... The stevia makes it blend nice and smoothly, delish!

Frozen blended bananas are definitely a popular idea... But you could get creative and maybe try... Butternut squash perhaps?

Mixing coconut milk with pumpkin could also work pretty well.

Man, I am making myself drool, ha ha ah!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever tried avocado? You can use overripe avocado for an ice cream base. If you mash it and put it in a baggie, it blends really well when it's time to throw it in the blender. And the richness is off the charts! Whatever you add to it pretty much totally masks the taste of avocado, so you just get the creaminess without the flavor. It goes really well with berries and dates.

I have tried butternut squash! It went well with pumpkin and cinnamon and dates, if I recall correctly.

Glenview is offline Member
    Nummy pumpkin or butternut squash with homemade yogurt or sour cream, a banana, and cinnamon: blend and freeze. Nice with bananas and raspberries, too, instead of the squash.

Oh yes, vanilla is nice in there, too.
    Last edited by Glenview; 04-30-2013 at 09:19 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Whip some cream. Mash some bananas. Mix together with some dried fruit and a splash of Vanilla Essence, then put in the freezer for 4 hours.

Stir halfway through to prevent the outside from going solid while the middle is not.

Take from the freezer and rest at room temperature for 30 mins before serving.

Serve with dark chocolate either grated or melted over the top.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    I got those from somewherr on the net and it is fucking fantastic.

3 eggs, seperated.
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp orange juice
    1 tbsp sucanat or coconut sugar or brown sugar, or honey.
    1 tbsp vanilla

Whip the whites to stiff peaks
    Beat the yolks with the sugar until fluffy And pale
    Add juice and vanilla to yolk batter and mix
    Drizzle in olive oil to yolks until well combined
    Fold in egg whites then put in freezer container and pop in the freezer for a awhile

It doesn't get get ultra rock hard and stays light and soft and is delicious. One could also eat the entire batch in one go as its only about 320 cals.

I recently came across a recipe for Avocado, Coconut Ice Cream... Not sure how that would taste but avocado doesn't have an overpowering flavor so it could be good. It's just coconut cream, avocados, liquid stevia, and lime juice & zest...

Another recipe I stumbled upon... straight up coconut ice cream made from obviously coconut, stevia, cardamom and coconut butter. Could be interesting!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Bulletproof Get Some Ice Cream:
    http://www.bulletproofexec.com/get-some-ice-cream/
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

eastok is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yeah.i think so,I have tried butternut squash! It went well with pumpkin and cinnamon and dates, if I recall correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast