Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High fat meal erection killers? page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My little erection doesn't seem to have any issues. (HFLC)
    My husbands much larger one doesn't either. (Higher carb than me, but still high fat and low carb by most definitions.)

Shrug.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-01-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    ^ True dat! Women have erectile tissue too! Let your voice be heard!

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    What about the fact the testosterone is ONLY made from cholesterol, NOT saturated fats?
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    fixed
    relevant data:

Abstract

Volek, Jeff S., William J. Kraemer, Jill A. Bush, Thomas Incledon, and Mark Boetes. Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise.J. Appl. Physiol. 82(1): 49–54, 1997.—Manipulation of resistance exercise variables (i.e., intensity, volume, and rest periods) affects the endocrine response to exercise; however, the influence of dietary nutrients on basal and exercise-induced concentrations of hormones is less understood. The present study examined the relationship between dietary nutrients and resting and exercise-induced blood concentrations of testosterone (T) and cortisol (C). Twelve men performed a bench press exercise protocol (5 sets to failure using a 10-repetitions maximum load) and a jump squat protocol (5 sets of 10 repetitions using 30% of each subject’s 1-repetition maximum squat) with 2 min of rest between all sets. A blood sample was obtained at preexercise and 5 min postexercise for determination of serum T and C. Subjects also completed detailed dietary food records for a total of 17 days. There was a significant (P ≤ 0.05) increase in postexercise T compared with preexercise values for both the bench press (7.4%) and jump squat (15.1%) protocols; however, C was not significantly different from preexercise concentrations. Significant correlations were observed between preexercise T and percent energy protein (r = −0.71), percent energy fat (r = 0.72), saturated fatty acids (g ⋅ 1,000 kcal−1 ⋅ day−1;r = 0.77), monounsaturated fatty acids (g ⋅ 1,000 kcal−1 ⋅ day−1;r = 0.79), the polyunsaturated fat-to-saturated fat ratio (r = −0.63), and the protein-to-carbohydrate ratio (r = −0.59). There were no significant correlations observed between any nutritional variables and preexercise C or the absolute increase in T and C after exercise. These data confirm that high-intensity resistance exercise results in elevated postexercise T concentrations. A more impressive finding was that dietary nutrients may be capable of modulating resting concentrations of T.

Timthetaco Guest

I shoulda said relevant to the thread and understanding of dietary effect on testosterone.

Maybe not relevant to one liner tacos.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I shoulda said relevant to the thread and understanding of dietary effect on testosterone.

Maybe not relevant to one liner tacos.
    They aren't connected, there is no impact.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...idogenesis.svg
    nihil

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silas View Post
    ^ Great, another person on the internet making up random bla bla.

silas is offline Member
    I have been reading on Testosterone and Men's Health Blog and there seems to be many things pointing to lower blood flow and lower T due to fat.

Can anyone point me to studies showing that fat has little or no effect on blood flow,erection strength or testosterone?

Has there even been any studies on athletes and highfat intake?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Harder than Chinese arithmetic....
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast