Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the reason for focusing on one body part? page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I see. It's a body building thing then. I just thought it odd when my female weight lifting instructor suggested I practice overhead squats on my leg day. I'm like what? Isn't that what 22-year old college boys do because they don't know any better (and it's always arm day for them, too, have you noticed?)

I don't really have specific goals. I just want to be strong, to feel healthy and vital, maybe to have some definition. But mostly just feel healthy and vital. I like to see progress, too, because it keeps me going. I was able to overhead squat the bar today. Woo hoo! I couldn't do that the first time I overhead squatted. Little goals like that are about all I can ever elaborate for myself.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

maclrc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's all about getting sufficient rest. I know that if I personally do say a heavy deadlift session (I'm following 5/3/1), I really need the week to 10 days off before I can perform the same lift with the same intensity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12