Thread: osteoarthritis, saturated fat, red meat page

danhaych is offline Member

osteoarthritis, saturated fat, red meat

Primal Fuel
    I have not been able to find any info countering the statements that sat fat and red meat reduction should be part of osteoarthritis treatment. Anybody know anything about this?

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhaych View Post
    I have not been able to find any info countering the statements that sat fat and red meat reduction should be part of osteoarthritis treatment. Anybody know anything about this?
    My personal experience having bone on bone knee OA-- giving up grains and sugar did wonders for my inflammation and pain. I went from being on Rx pain meds to being med free and able to walk several miles/day.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

danhaych is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    My personal experience having bone on bone knee OA-- giving up grains and sugar did wonders for my inflammation and pain. I went from being on Rx pain meds to being med free and able to walk several miles/day.
    what about saturated fat intake?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I also had terrible arthritis, had to walk with a cane. Now I sprint and climb things, and stand ten hours a day with no problem. I get at least 60% of my calories from animal fat most of the time, and coconut fat. Get plenty of saturated fat, it's very anti-inflammatory, even makes my skin clear!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    what about saturated fat intake?
    The first 2-3 years of eating low carb included at least a pound or 2 of bacon a week. Along with the bacon I usually had a couple of eggs for breakfast and other meats for lunch and dinner.

Now, bacon is more sporadic, as i got tired of it. I still have eggs, cheese, and/or other meats daily.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    I can only speak to my own experience. When starting PB I dropped the grains/dairy/and small amt of processed food that I ate. At that time I radically increased the amt. of saturated fat and red meat in my diet. Within a week my osteoarthritis had significantly decreased. A month in and it is almost gone. Prior to this the pain and stiffness were strongly impacting my life and on occasion I'd had to resort to a cane and was thinking about cutting back on handwork because the pain was so bad. Now I'm active and creative again. I believe this is due to the sat. fat and red meat but certainly can't prove it.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I have bone spurs in my right foot, which an orthopedic surgeon described to me as a form of osteoarthritis. He suggested that I should get used to immobility.

It feels a lot better now than when I was eating gluten and other crap.