Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal) page 26

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have applied for a few jobs in the Bay Area over the past two months or so, but I haven't been looking recently. It's pretty hard to look for jobs in a place when you don't live there. My current boss has introduced me to lawyers at this law firm that my current firm works with on certain cases so that's a possibility. But I really don't want to continue to do the type of work that I do right now, and if I go and work for them, it would just be more of the same thing. But that's still better than unemployment, I suppose.

P.S. I still have terrible social skills.

My body likes vigorous exercise. It really does.

I've been packing, moving, cleaning, and going to CA for the interview over the past week so my schedule has been turned upside down, and I haven't been getting my normal dose of crossfit. The last time I went to crossfit was last Wednesday, and we ran. It was kind of a grueling run because I went in the afternoon, and it was kind of hot. Anyway, I'm annoyed that I haven't lifted weights for pretty much a whole week. I did some sprints Friday night, then went out for a short run Sunday night. Did some pushups and chair dips here and there. Lots of moving around slowly--moving, cleaning, and walking.

Finally, this afternoon, I went to the gym for a bit during lunch. Ran 1.5 miles, did some heavy back squats, then ran another 1.7 miles. The 1.7 miles included four 40-second intervals @ 10 mph with jogging rest intervals. And I felt GOOD afterwards. It's the best I've felt for days! All that traveling and lack of structured exercise was making me feel sluggish. And the workout really energized me. Wish I had more time to do more though. Oh well, I'm going to try to make it to crossfit tomorrow--if it's not a run day, that is.

My coach realized that a lot of his top crossfitters have shitty endurance so he's programming a lot of running all of a sudden. It's kinda annoying to me cuz I'm very capable of running on my own, and I don't like the sun and heat so don't like to run outside during the day. Crossfit endurance was different back when we did it once a week cuz it was only once a week AND it was just different cuz it was intervals and I pushed myself harder than ever because I was doing the intervals with other people. I also push myself harder when doing these steady-state runs at crossfit, but they're annoying somehow. I think it's because he's making us do it several times a week, which is way too frequent. I'd rather do crossfit stuff at crossfit and supplement it with running on my own.

Hey, hey. Yeah, the WODs are posted, and i often skip the runs, tbh. Well, I'm hoping that he'll change the programming back at some point in the near future. I can't imagine him doing this forever, if only because everyone else hates the runs more than i do. They all hate running, whereas i just don't like to do it at CrossFit. Ah well, i think I'll survive.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

One thing I learned today: fat-free cottage cheese is nasty. Yuck!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    One thing I learned today: fat-free cottage cheese is nasty. Yuck!

True dat.

I could only go as low as low fat on anything other than milk...and that is only an acquired taste when I was convinced saturated fat was horrible for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    True dat.

I could only go as low as low fat on anything other than milk...and that is only an acquired taste when I was convinced saturated fat was horrible for me.
    You know, I dislike the taste of milk so much that skim milk is the only type of milk that I can stand. And that's only because it doesn't have as much of that milky taste. Other people say they hate skim milk cuz it tastes watered down. But that's why I like it!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    You know, I dislike the taste of milk so much that skim milk is the only type of milk that I can stand. And that's only because it doesn't have as much of that milky taste. Other people say they hate skim milk cuz it tastes watered down. But that's why I like it!
    I love milk! Too bad now I am lactose intolerant and dairy makes me break out. ;( i still do lactaid once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

There's been some heavy stuff in my MDA friends' journals lately so I figured that I'd provide some comic relief. Get ready to collapse to the ground laughing (at me).

So I have a Facebook crush on someone! Hahahahahahaha! I'm laughing with myself, not at myself.

It started, I'm pretty sure, as some kind of defense mechanism. The impending breakup, move, etc., all threaten to cause me a lot of pain, and pain...I don't like it. So I developed an interest in this guy whom I only know on FB as a kind of distraction--something to take my mind off everything else in my actual life that is falling to pieces (or at least it feels that way to me).

But it has escalated. I've been FB friends with this guy for a while now, and every once in a while I'd comment on one of his posts. Over the past 3-4 weeks, I've started commenting more, and he started commenting on my posts. Now, we've started chatting over IM. God, I feel embarrassed even as I type this. What am I, 12?

FB is weird. Every once in a while, some guy I don't know in real life would start chatting me up on FB, and I'd usually chat with them for a while. But I'd always feel kinda weird that they're IMing me.

I have no idea why I'm writing about this here. I guess I just want to tell someone. And it really is embarrassing enough.

He's one of those people who likes to post these semi-cryptic statements on FB. If I don't know someone in real life, and they post these sorts of statements, I usually block them from my feed because I feel like (a) I have no idea what they're talking about and (b) their posts are drowning out the things I'm actually interested in. But I've always kept him because his posts are kind of interesting. (And they're not all semi-cryptic.)

He's everything I like in a man on paper: incredibly intelligent, libertarian (though strangely enamored with the common law, but the old common law...before legal realism took over and destroyed everything), and doesn't believe in monogamy. He was actually the one who really got me thinking about the issue of monogamy--a long time ago. I believe that's how we became FB friends. We were commenting on a mutual friend's post, and he said some interesting things about the origins of monogamy. And I friended him.

Oh and he uses words like "apodictically"--wtf does that even mean?

Okay, now I'm going to go hide now. And by hide I mean work.

Oh, and since my move has been delayed, I'm actually supposed to do this Tough Mudder thing next Saturday. I'm totally unprepared for it because I just assumed that I wouldn't be able to make it. Now I don't know what to do. Can't chicken out. But I'm really REALLY not prepared for it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    It's Mr. Perfidy, isn't it?

Edit: Jesus, I just looked up "apodictically". I don't even understand the explanation.

ap·o·dic·tic

[ap-uh-dik-tik]

incontestable because of having been demonstrated or proved to be demonstrable.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-04-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It's Mr. Perfidy, isn't it?
    o_o Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Edit: Jesus, I just looked up "apodictically". I don't even understand the explanation.

ap·o·dic·tic

[ap-uh-dik-tik]

incontestable because of having been demonstrated or proved to be demonstrable.
    Yeah, he's the philosophical type.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast