Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal) page 23

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eek!!!! Whoohoo!!!

You are so brave for making this a clean break. I was in a similar situation and dragged it on past after I moved.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Eek!!!! Whoohoo!!!

You are so brave for making this a clean break. I was in a similar situation and dragged it on past after I moved.
    Hah! We'll see what actually happens. I was feeling really good about moving for a while, but now I'm feeling sad again. My bf doesn't want me to move this soon. He wants me to go to the interview and then come back to PA for a couple days, and I kinda want to do that. It's cuz he's leaving for a business trip tomorrow and will be gone for 10 days. I'll be moving a few days after he gets back. I don't think I'm ready for this. To have almost no time left with him. I'm starting to cry just thinking about it now, and I'm at CrossFit. Oh God!

He also said that I could pack up my stuff and just leave it at his place. He'll ship it to me after I settle down in CA. That could save me a lot of money. I think it would only cost $1k to ship my stuff, but the way I'm planing on doing it would cost close to $2k. What do you guys think? Should I leave my stuff at his place, or would it just cause more complications?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I guess that depends on how things are going with him. For me, not having a clean break with my ex-boyfriend was really rough. He moved home at the end of the semester, we were broken up, but I stored a bunch of his things at the apartment until he returned to school in the fall (I worked on campus over the summer). Having it all there made it difficult for me to really cut ties and let go of the relationship. I ended up being a jerk to him later because I still felt like I should have some bearing in his life.

Hm...not sure how to word this better: What you feel like the extra few days with him will accomplish? It seems like it's just going to make it more difficult to leave.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hm. Are you dating him after this? If not, my personal advice is to break clean.

I was in a somewhat similar situation when I moved from Austin, Texas to NYC. My bf of 3 years at the time offered to stay friends, keep my stuff up in his garage and for him to ship me the necessaries later to save me money. Maybe my ex is crazier than yours, but I got my winter clothes about 1 month after temperatures dropped below 40-50F and I never did get about 50% of my stuff (including my beloved violin that I played for 10 years on, and my chemical engineering diploma that I am so proud of). We don't talk anymore after a very volatile period of him being alternatingly mean and nice to me (long painful story) and in hindsight I wish I just cut it off cleanly so i didn't waste my first law school semester on the past and made new friends instead of arguing with him on the phone every other night and trying to get my stuff back.

Moral of the story: don't waste more energy in your past than necessary. He is your past for a good reason. $1000 is a lot of money, but your sanity and ability to enjoy your new job/city is worth a lot more. You don't want to leave things under his whims.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hm...not sure how to word this better: What you feel like the extra few days with him will accomplish? It seems like it's just going to make it more difficult to leave.
    It won't accomplish anything. I just don't feel ready for it. I don't know. It's all irrational, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Hm. Are you dating him after this? If not, my personal advice is to break clean.
    We're not going to keep dating after this. You made some good points. I hope he wouldn't do what your ex did to you, but I guess you never know? I mean, I'm sure you didn't think that your ex would be like that when you decided to leave your stuff with him.

Maybe I will still just use the pod, just get it over with, even if it's more money.

But it just occurred to me that I probably should go to the interview and come back, then make the actual move maybe a week later. It won't accomplish anything, but it would make the interview better. I don't know why I assumed that I could leave Philly on Sunday and be at an interview Monday morning and be fine. I'm planning on finding a room on airbnb to stay at Sunday night. So I'd be in a strange city (Sacramento--only ever been there once in my life), staying at a stranger's house, and I would have just left my bf of 5 years. I would be up half the night crying, and my eyes would be so puffy the next day that no amount of makeup could hide it. And I'd also be an emotional mess. How do you think the interview would go then? I don't know. Best to avoid that.

Yes. Maybe don't do the interview after a breakup, but don't take it further and take his offer. Then you are indebted to him and etc and that isn't necessarily a good thing even if he isn't a jerk. You just don't want to think about him after you move... You should be getting ahead at work, making friends with coworkers, and exploring the city!

My ex meant well at the time, but just ended up being too busy to ship the rest and then we fought some more, and then the new girl he is dating forbid him to talk to me because she thinks he is still in love with me and etc. Chances are, even your bf doesn't know how he will act after the actual breakup. Emotions are irrational.
    ------

Good point. I'll stick with the pod. That way there won't be any complications. I don't want to be indebted to him either.

Thanks for the advice. I probably would have agreed to leave my stuff at his place if you didn't tell me about your experience. And that probably wouldn't have been the smartest thing. I can totally see him not shipping my stuff in a timely manner because he didn't have time, etc.

Good luck!!!! On the move, breakup, and interview. Phew, so many changes at once.
    ------

Thanks! Yeah, it's crazy!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A friend of mine is visiting from out of town so we went out for lunch. After lunch, we went to a store that sells trinkets and other cute stuff where one of my friend's friends works. I saw this bracelet and thought that the writing on it is exactly what I needed to hear right now. So I bought it. Fate?

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast